Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Rendering or cladding or both

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We have an old 70's/80 house we have added an extension to at the rear of the property (blueboard).

We were thinking of rendering the whole house but thought just get some ideas as maybe do some cladding front 1/3 and then render. Only concern with render on the front is see some houses with stains after some time.

Missus isn't a fan of the weatherboard look so that kind of rules out that type of cladding unless can change her mind. We had to replace windows in the whole house hence the blueboard/brick.

Roof will be painted monument and the post on the deck we are thinking of making a solid wall there as a bit of a feature. We'll also put in a garage door and seal/paint the driveway etc...

Did a quick mock photoshop to see what render may look like but i'm terrible with colours but just wanted to see what it would look like.

Appreciate any thoughts etc... Cheers
Related
3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum