Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Freshening up exterior of home

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I would love some ideas on how to freshen up the exterior of this home and add some character.

I am not a huge fan of the brick colour and entrance way, in general.

Would love some ideas on how to improve!
whitewash the bricks?
mrosen814

There's not much wrong with your house, it's just the abundance of brick. A lot of modern houses have mixed materials for the exterior, so I would paint some brick walls, leave some exposed and clad others with some weatherboard like Hardie's Linea. I'd leave the roof and barge boards as they are to save on cost, but perhaps put some matching dark trim around the windows. For the entrance, definitely get rid of the colonial lights and put in a narrow modern portico, perhaps clad in stack stone.

This photo has some of those ideas, such as a dark roof, trim around the windows, weatherboard, stone...and they have some natural shingles which look a little like exposed brick at first glance.

Photo credit: James Hardie

All you need is to render it and a new panel lift door. That will sort it out.
mrosen814
Hi all, I would love some ideas on how to freshen up the exterior of this home and add some character.

I am not a huge fan of the brick colour and entrance way, in general.

Voila!
Love this ^. Looks classy
Related
6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum