CCTV Upgrade help and advice

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone we are looking at upgrading our home CCTV setup

We had a system installed a few years back
Its a Dahua 8 channel DVR XVR5108HS
And we are running 8 cameras with the older connection type HDCVI
7 of them are 2 megapixel DAHUA
1 of them IS 3 megapixel TRUVISION and is far better than the others

The DVR is extremely noisy. It can be heard from almost anywhere in the house and its hidden in a broom closet.
The camera quality is not great even in Daytime we really want a better system
We have had a few crimes in the area and if we had better quality at the times We could have identified some people and vehicles

What options would we have for an upgrade ?
Given that all the cables are in place Either keeping the existing cables and get a new DVR with new cameras?
Or changing everything to I.P. system ?

If I have to spend a bit more I dont mind i'd rather get something good for long term
Plus I am home for the next 4 weeks so can potentially do it all myself. Either using same cables or pulling new cables through

I am not an expert so i dont understand too much of the technical
Could I get some reccomendations please ?

If you could add links on where to buy would be great also

Thanks in advance !
Hey Fval, best case would be if you can upgrade especially if you're worried about it being loud the Dahua brand is still an amazing brand to stick with when it comes to CCTV, good on price and very reliable if you want to upgrade you can go for an IP system. I recommend getting a NVR2108-8P-4KS2 as it's a fan-less recorder but I don't recommend installing it somewhere without good ventilation and for camera depending on your needs you can either get a 4mp(IPC-HDW2431TM-AS-S2) or an 6mp(IPC-HDW3641TM-AS-S2), you can also get these 2 camera in there motorized variant if needed to have a better zoom focus on certain areas.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

29/05/2023
Concrete Perimeter Help and advice

Paving & Concreting

Yes, unless you are in a low intensity rainfall area or the area is protected from rain. Do you have access to NCC Part 2 or can you download it? I can email you a copy…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum