Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Bosch Alarm System Troubleshooting

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone

My alarm keeps going off as soon as it’s connected to mains power.

BACKGROUND:
I just purchased a Bosch Solution 3000 Alarm System as my house was pre-wired. So far I’ve installed everything including 4 PIR sensors, Icon keypad, External siren and strobe. I’ve wired everything according to the limited instructions in the manual.

For the installers out there this is what I’ve done:
- For the external siren and strobe: I’ve wired 2 wires for the strobe, + to the com and - to output 3; wired 2 wires for the siren, + to com and - to output 1; plus two wire tamper to the tamper on the board.
- for the PIRs there’s four wires, black and red to aux +/- on the board; and two wires which run like this: tamper -> eol resistor -> nc terminal on the PIR. This goes to zone 1/2/3/4 according to the different PIRs
- keypad red yellow green black to positive, A, B, comms on the board.

Here’s the problem, as soon as I turn the power on or connect the battery, the Siren and strobe goes off and the keypad does a long continuous beep. No matter what I press it doesn’t stop.

Please help!
Just call a tech, it would be far easier than trying to explain it here, and less hassle
COWIIE
Hi Everyone

BACKGROUND:
I just purchased a Bosch Solution 3000 Alarm System as my house was pre-wired. So far I’ve installed everything including 4 PIR sensors, Icon keypad, External siren and strobe. I’ve wired everything according to the limited instructions in the manual.

- For the external siren and strobe: I’ve wired 2 wires for the strobe, + to the com and - to output 3; wired 2 wires for the siren, + to com and - to output 1; plus two wire tamper to the tamper on the board.
- for the PIRs there’s four wires, black and red to aux +/- on the board; and two wires which run like this: tamper -> eol resistor -> nc terminal on the PIR. This goes to zone 1/2/3/4 according to the different PIRs

Here’s the problem, as soon as I turn the power on or connect the battery, the Siren and strobe goes off and the keypad does a long continuous beep. No matter what I press it doesn’t stop.

Please help!

Just for your knowledge the output 1,2,3 and basically the negative and the AUX is the positive so for the strobe you will have the negative go to output 3 and the positive go to aux, for the siren you will have the negative go to output 1 and the positive go to aux.
PIRs have a positive and negative x2 NC and x2 T you will have a 3k resistor going into the T and NC on the PIR side and the positive into the 12v and negative into the gnd, you will also have one of the NC go to the zone and the other T go into the com
Keypad is simple just mirror it across to the panel so PWR A B COM just mirror it onto the panel
Trantech
COWIIE
Hi Everyone

BACKGROUND:

Please help!

Just for your knowledge the output 1,2,3 and basically the negative and the AUX is the positive so for the strobe you will have the negative go to output 3 and the positive go to aux, for the siren you will have the negative go to output 1 and the positive go to aux.
PIRs have a positive and negative x2 NC and x2 T you will have a 3k resistor going into the T and NC on the PIR side and the positive into the 12v and negative into the gnd, you will also have one of the NC go to the zone and the other T go into the com
Keypad is simple just mirror it across to the panel so PWR A B COM just mirror it onto the panel

Thanks for your suggestion. All sorted now.

It was actually a fun experience. After a few days I contacted the seller and troubleshooted with them. Turns out they sent the wrong keypad model, which was incompatible with my Bosch Solution 3000! Looks identical though so go figure.
Related
31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum