Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Double Front Door

Page 1 of 1
Hey,
My home has just pasted the 6 ½ years old mark & has surprisingly aged well apart from the builders front double doors (painted solid MDF).

I don’t feel confident that the doors could withstand more than a few kicks, especially with only a dead lock and small top & bottom bolts on the non-handle door.
Outside of installing security screen doors is there anything else I can do/install?
The setup is a timber framed double doors with side windows. I will be replacing the entrance double doors, with sturdier solid wood doors and do have a alarm installed.

Cheers, Sitting Duck.
Related
31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum