Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Back to base alarm systems - conversion to NBN

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone who has a back to base alarm and had it converted so it works with the NBN give me an idea of what you paid?

Cheers

Althom
I think it depends on your security provider, I know that we do not charge for the 4G communicator, you just pay the monthly monitoring fee. (BTW we do not increase this to get our money back).

Once you have finished with our service we remove the device and reuse it at another premises.
i requested battery backup on the nbn
then had telstra reconnect phone lines to nbn box
alarm was not affected
alarm company suggested it depended on the alarm model
$149 to add the GSM Unit to current alarm system to be compatible with NBN
Correct me if I am wrong, but that GSM unit requires a SIM Card?

The devices security companies use do not need the end user to maintain a sim card and come with smart phone control.
alivesey
Correct me if I am wrong, but that GSM unit requires a SIM Card?

The devices security companies use do not need the end user to maintain a sim card and come with smart phone control.

Yes, GSM Unit requires a sim card but end user need not to maintain it. The security companies provide and maintain it if you are back to base monitoring customer and you can have the option of an app on the mobile which would allow you to arm/disarm the system through your smartphone.
Related
12/12/2023
Rumpus conversion to a master with ensuite

Renovation + Home Improvement

From the information posted it looks to me your rumpus room is nothing more than extended garage. That will present a number of challenges. Single brick wall between…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

27/02/2024
Shed conversion

Owner Builder Forum

Because it only states 90mm not if it’s 45mm or 35mm and yes I do have the plans my question was specifically since it’s not the structural value and only to hold…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum