Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

How to improve the home security?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Can someone give the tips to improve the home security? I would like to know the features which promotes the security.
Thank you
It depends on how far you want to go and how paranoid you are.

You have the choice of alarms both monitored and not, cameras, gated access, security screens on doors and windows, a big dog, etc. It'd be easier to advise you if you gave us an idea of what you're interested in.
Modern day security systems can be tied into smart home devices like thermostats, locks, and lights. All kinds of varieties are available from wired to wireless which would ensure round the clock monitoring through smart phones.
Take help form review sites for brands which might suit your requirements.

Smart Home Security is the thing. You can protect, control and monitor your home through your mobile phone. You can arm/disarm the alarm system, get alerts and notifications on your mobile like if any door is opened or left opened. You can set alerts to get notified when your kids are home. You have the option of self-monitoring or back to base monitoring 24/7.
there are things that you can do without spending a fortune, first is keep your house clear of bushes and items that a crooks can hide behind.
Second do not leave doors or windows open or unlocked, close all window coverings when leaving the premises.
If you want to spend money then I suggest firstly get a light sensor to turn on the external lights at night.
next would be a reasonable alarm system, my suggestion is the Alliance made by hills, third is to get some decent IP cameras and have the data stored in the cloud with a sign out the front indicating so.
I would steer clear of home automation at the moment unless you wish to spend a fortune or want to do the wireless thing which is fraught with problems.
if I can be of further help let me know.
all the best, Peter
There are a lot of home security solutions available today like alarm systems, security doors, and security screens. It’s best to ask for the help of a security professional to help you find the right solution for your home.
Are rollers shutters good too? Been thinking to have them installed outside the windows and sliding doors to all ground floor.
Old thread but anyway, still relevant, at the very least just start with light sensors, the last thing a thief wants whether they’re looking at breaking into your car or through a door/window into your house is to be bathed in a bright light/s. Now it obviously won’t stop everyone, but so many of these ferals are just opportunists and they will just keep moving to the next target, much better to work under the cover of darkness than bright light.
Get a German Shepherd Dog.
Melbournevic
Are rollers shutters good too? Been thinking to have them installed outside the windows and sliding doors to all ground floor.

Roller shutters are a good investment in security.
Related
23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum