Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Cost to install a cctv system for a double storey house?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Peeps,

Just wanted to know how much does it cost to install a cctv system for a double story house thats already been built?

Is it cheaper to get it done at the stage of building ( With the builder it self) or separately after you move in to the house?

Thanks in advance.
I can't help you on price but it will always be cheaper, have a nicer finish and overall have more options when allowances are made during building stage. You don't even need to have the gear installed during the build, just the infrastructure there for when you're ready to go.

If done post build, it'll be likely be a significant amount of visible conduit installed as part of the install

hth
4 IP 4K Cameras with 8 channel recorder and all wiring and installation is around 3.5K. All provisions were made during build. Originally we thought just provision for it but with so many break-ins we are getting the video system asap. hope it helps.
During the build, I provisioned for CAT6 network cable to be run to all camera points. This cable feeds data from the camera and supplies power to it, but you need a Power Over Ethernet (PoE) switch/router.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

23/04/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

The price you're seeing for a high-spec 2-storey home in Perth sounds steep, but unfortunately, it's kind of the norm these…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum