Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Security system or security screens

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I had a chat with a friend of mine and they think that you either install one or the either but it doesn't make sense to install both. From my perspective security screens deter from outside and the security system detects once someone is already inside. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks
pawelpabich
Hi,

I had a chat with a friend of mine and they think that you either install one or the either but it doesn't make sense to install both. From my perspective security screens deter from outside and the security system detects once someone is already inside. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

One OR the other? Rubbish. Both enhance security. The two together are twice as good as one or the other. It is not rocket science but it is also costly to have both and cheapest out of the two would be alarm I would think if you could install system yourself. A crimesafe genuine screen door for a standard 820mm wide door is about $900.
pawelpabich
Hi,

Thanks

The security system detects someone is already inside? That tired old argument? Most systems have vibration alarms on windows so given the usual method ingress is through a broken window the minute the offender starts hitting the window off goes the alarm - before they are inside.
Good points goody59 and Althom
Totally personal choice.
Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum