Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Recommended CCTV wireless camera for home

Page 1 of 1
Dear Experts

This topic has been discussed couple of times but long ago

Looking to buy a professional and durable preferably wireless (i. e not wired) cctv camera to be used for a home surveillance ( outdoor not indoor) means weatherproof.

Reason for wireless to avoid running cables as i am renting and obviously looking to access them remotely and night vision as well.

Any suggestion which brand should i buy ?

Regards
I have installed a few "wireless" options for my clients. But unfortunately they are not actually wireless as they still require being cabled for power. Are you wanting it to record? Be visible on a tv? Be able to view on your mobile device while away from your home?
Hi
I gave up the option for wireless i will use a wired camera either ip camera or analogue one
Yes i want to record and yes i want it to be viaible on TV.
Regards
I too am keen on a camera system (cheap but good) so I'll be looking on with interest.

I like the specs of the hikvision and from what I've read seem to be an ok camera for the price of them.
Good idea Zillah. There are a few options to consider:
- IP camera (for mobile devices) also with video out (for TV) with edge recording (to on board SD card)
- IP camera with video out connected to a NAS with surveillance capabilities
- Disregard TV option and purchase an IP camera with Cloud based recording
- Purchase an NVR and an IP camera; this will give you the ability to add even more than just the single camera in the future. HIK and also VIP Vision are both great brands to consider.

Where about are you located?
Thanks eliter for your help

>>I like the specs of the hikvision<<

The link below is very useful

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/hd_security_cameras

The thread below is hikvision's related and has 29 pages

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2386124
Recommend you to buy xiaoyi camera system.

http://www.mi.com/xiaoyi/

It is in Chinese but you can refer to picture. You can buy Xiaomi Router to record the video or support 32G SD card. It is motion detective camera and can send message to let you know if any motions.

Wireless camera with 20fps(1280 × 720) and support voice communication

Can access the video thru iPhone and Android phone with apps.

The cost for each camera is $35 and you can buy several cam to install in different locations.

If you want to have local storage for video, the additional cost is $150
Most wireless options are not wirelessly powered. You will have to ensure the one you are getting is battery powered otherwise the "Wireless" is false advertising.
Related
7/07/2023
Mounting wireless camera under eaves

General Discussion

Update from me! Couldn't find the trimmer - not sure if there isn't one simply because the eave is so narrow. Went ahead with the spring toggles and it all worked out…

12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

3/04/2024
PoE Intercom & NVR Camera

Building A New House

which 1) PoE based video intercom is best for two storey home. I am looking with two monitor, one in GF and another FF so someone in home can…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum