Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

IP CCTV system recommendations

Page 9 of 9
One thing you could consider is maybe getting a vari-focal lens, this way you can change the view rather than it being set at 4mm or 6mm, you can get a lens like 5-50mm (
overkill
) I use 2.8mm to 12mm at home and this is perfect, hey you can always weigh up the costs and look at a Hikvison PTZ?
this way you can move it to wherever you want,
I haven't done too much work with the Hikvision Camera's, (we tend to use Panasonics or Bosch a lot), but their NVR's yes had some training with Hikvision directly, they are getting right into it now and we are seeing some great things,
I work on a lot of higher security systems (but with this comes big $$$), but for residential & small businesses Hikvision products are amazing for their price, stepping into IP megapixel ranges is actually affordable and the quality you can see (as above - Thanks MrBee, great comparison of the different quality, FOV & options)
Just my 2 cents worth, but first jump into here and wanted to say its good to see people sharing ideas and experiences.
bpj1980
One thing you could consider is maybe getting a vari-focal lens, this way you can change the view rather than it being set at 4mm or 6mm, you can get a lens like 5-50mm (
overkill
) I use 2.8mm to 12mm at home and this is perfect, hey you can always weigh up the costs and look at a Hikvison PTZ?
this way you can move it to wherever you want,
I haven't done too much work with the Hikvision Camera's, (we tend to use Panasonics or Bosch a lot), but their NVR's yes had some training with Hikvision directly, they are getting right into it now and we are seeing some great things,
I work on a lot of higher security systems (but with this comes big $$$), but for residential & small businesses Hikvision products are amazing for their price, stepping into IP megapixel ranges is actually affordable and the quality you can see (as above - Thanks MrBee, great comparison of the different quality, FOV & options)
Just my 2 cents worth, but first jump into here and wanted to say its good to see people sharing ideas and experiences.

With the veri focal lens how do you change it from 2.8 to say 12mm is it via software or via manually moving parts on the camera?
MrBee
With the veri focal lens how do you change it from 2.8 to say 12mm is it via software or via manually moving parts on the camera?

I was wondering the same myself.

Moving parts on the camera would just be a pain in the bum to change... it's sort of saying to people, "here I am, making some changes to my security camera, that's just up here in this particular spot".

If it is via software, you might as well add the PT part of PTZ when you buy the camera.

All that said, I reckon you would be better off buying fixed focal length cameras that suit your premises. Using vari-focal cameras may result in situations where you have zoomed in to a location, and not zoomed back out, leaving you 'blind' in certain areas that would normally be covered when zoomed out.
MrBee

Depending on what Camera you decide on will be to how this is performed, a vast majority of them would be Manual Zoom & Focus, but the web browser controlled ones are certainly coming down in price and becoming more widely available and are fantastic, well to setup that is, lol
Vari Focal is designed so you can cover exactly what you want to cover, i.e. Zoomed in or Zoomed out of a specific position, Fixed Lenses are good if they get exactly the area you want to cover but sometimes they tend to cover "too" much if not planned correctly, which equals waste, lets just say its been a long time since i have used a Fixed Lens.
Cameras with vari focal lens can come in two different styles. One is non motorized that is adjusted via a screw on the body camera. This gives users adjustment should they wish to zoom in to cover a specific area.

The 2nd variance is motorized vari focal, where the lens are adjusted via a motor inside the camera which can be done remotely via the NVR / Recording Device.
Dear All,

I was just wondering if anyone has had an IP camera system installed in their homes or businesses recently from the below company.

- http://www.environexus.com.au/about-us

- http://www.ipcontrol.com.au/

- http://www.honeywelltuxedo.com.au/home-security#.V-hwYvB96Uk

Would be interested to grab some sort of a review and recommendation on a product and price that some of you guys have received previously.

Any suggestion on other type CCTV systems that people have had good experiences with also. Thanks in advance!

CK
I purchased the swann nhd815 cameras with the nvr7300 8x camera PVR.
7 cameras were needed to cover the house and had a local sparky install it all.
Best investment i made. Works well. Full HD and reads number plates in the street.
Slattery2
I purchased the swann nhd815 cameras with the nvr7300 8x camera PVR.
7 cameras were needed to cover the house and had a local sparky install it all.
Best investment i made. Works well. Full HD and reads number plates in the street.

Hi Slattery2

How much you paid for the entire pack + installation?

I got it on special from Kogan at $899. I think they are anywhere from 1199-1499 normally. I paid my mate who is a sparky to install. Mates rates.
Hi all, my friend just recommended me a brand "LOCK" for security cameras - www.locksec.com.au.

I'm not sure about this brand, any advice?
I have recently purchased 4 camera H.View HD 1080P H.264 system for only US$140 at Aliexpress (normal price is $330).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H-View-4CH-CCTV-System-1080P-HDMI-AHD-8CH-CCTV-DVR-4PCS-2-0-MP-IR/32611265750.html

As all the cables are PoE low voltage, you don't even need sparky to install it, can be a DYI job.
alexp79
I have recently purchased 4 camera H.View HD 1080P H.264 system for only US$140 at Aliexpress (normal price is $330).

What’s the quality of the vision at night?
Are you happy with the cameras?

tonywinter
Hi all, my friend just recommended me a brand "LOCK" for security cameras - http://www.locksec.com.au.

I'm not sure about this brand, any advice?

Lock is similar to Dahua in a lot of ways and are supported on Dahua products systems and others since it has the onvif protocol. Both LOCK and Dahua are very good for there price, and offer really good CCTV systems.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum