Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Security doors and alarm systems

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We get our keys to our brand new house on the 18th of December so have started to look into security for the house.
Firstly, we want a security screen door for the front door. Does anyone have any recommendation for companies in Perth they have used and rough costs for a single 820mm wide door?
Secondly, we want an alarm system. We have a cat and I have heard the systems designed for people with pets can still go off if the cat's jump around at all. So maybe just a perimeter alarm?
Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that do the install? And rough costs for this?
We will probably get a non monitored alarm to start with, then add monitoring later if we can find a company that doesn't have contracts as long as the 3 years one we have seen.
Costs are tight so one thing at a time, get the system, then get it monitored later if possible.
Any help would be great
You can get detectors that aren't trigger by pets!

I'm not in Perth so I can't help you with companies but definitely do your research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a budget alarm system you could investigate a Chuango G5. Without plugging companies, there are at least 2 suppliers.
Cheap, but versatile, in that the Detectors are all wireless, so there's minimal cabling, DIY even.
Rather than base monitoring, it dials your own numbers.
You can use the Remote, or an Android or iPhone App to control much it's functions as well as settings.
It does require a SIM Card as all is done via GSM 3G network. For mine I found the cheapest way was an ALDI Longlife (365 day) SIM and Pay As You Go topup.
Mine was bought for use while renting, so no wiring permitted. All seems good after a month, no false alarms, but no break-ins to really test it.

More details when you get to the site(s) of the 1. Security Alarm Services or even a 2. Smart Home mob.
1. Seems to have more option Packs and Accessories.
I can only compare to my old Ness/Nidac system, and for far less it does far more, so maybe a good stopgap until your budget permits a "brand name" option.
Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum