Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Pacom, Bosch or Samsung CCTV

Page 1 of 1
Which CCTV system would people recommend.
Haven't heard anything about Pacom, is it any good?
I've heard Bosch is good and Samsung has better cameras...
Which one to choose?

Also would you recommend analog or IP cameras?
SWANN NVR range.. Have had them for nearly 2 years now with no problems and Swann's after sales support is second to none!
OK this is a very hard question to answer.

Bosch and Samsung both have different lineups each of varying quality vs price so it depends what you are trying to measure and compare.

Historically Bosch has always made top notch high quality products and is considered one of the leading brands.

Swann provide consumer/budget products and many of their cameras are re-badged, I would only go for their higher end stuff, quality varies but generally make good products all round.
I prefer Hikvision and Dahua.
If your on a budget or looking for cheap but good, I would agree with syautd with the Hikvision gear, they are really doing good things, just make sure its genuine, there are a lot of fake ones floating around that you cant update firmware, etc..
The newer Swann gear is actually rebadged Hikvision from what I am hearing and seeing, so you could always weigh up the options and prices.
I think Bosch is good. My friend has the same at her place.
+1 for Hikvision. It's at a good price/quality point
Yes the high end Swann gear is Hikvision, and quite good compared to the lower spectrum Swann rubbish!
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum