Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Fence lock that can open from both side

Page 1 of 1
Our colourbond fence door has a traditional latch locking mechanism, we can open from the outside by rising the lever, but to lock or unlock is a major hassle because the padlock is inside.

I'm thinking to install a rim lock so the door can be locked and unlocked from both side. The Lockwood 001 is an obvious choice, even though it is not marketed as an outdoor product, it seems to hold up well in outdoor applications I have seen. There's also an excellent installation video.

However, I'm not too sure how to install it on the colourbond panel due to the corrugated profile. I'm guessing I need to weld a metal back plate on both side as support? And then cut a 32mm through the metal plates.

Are there other products that can be installed with less effort?
Much less effort
http://www.ddtechglobal.com/products/ac ... cess_kit1/
Thanks for the idea, went to Bunnings to check it out and was shocked to see the price.

D&D LOKK Deluxe Gravity Gate Latch $97.85

LOCKWOOD Automatic 001 Deadlatch Open in Knob $89.50

A plastic lock costing more than the Lockwood! I guess ease of install comes at a price.
Had the d&d one for 4 years and there is nothing wrong with it, same condition as when it was installed and easy to install and use

Related
3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum