Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Extra CodePad for Hills R8 Alarm system

Page 1 of 1
G'day all,

I've purchased an "NX Series Code Pad NX-1508 8 Zone LED Code Pad" with the view of adding this to the Hills R8 System we have already installed.

This should in my opinion be a simple job of attaching the new (extra) codepad to the board at terminals 9 - Data, 8 - Com & 7 - Pos.

Is there anything else I need to do in terms of wiring?
I've done this in the past with a DAS 2500 system, which isn't too dissimilar to the R8, and that was as easy as connecting the new codepad to the terminals on the board - can't see why this should be any different.

Thanks all.
Dave.
That is all you will need to do for the wiring, but in the programming you will need to change the code pad number so it will be 2 instead of 1, it's in the installation manual if your not sure how to.
Thanks for that,

if I'm reading this right, I need to enter *94 on the new codepad, followed by the "enter programming code" numbers, enter 2 for the second codepad, Press *.. it then asks to set the Area Number, which for the R8 is by default 1.

Hope this is right?
Easy As...

Connected the three wires, reprogrammed from scratch - as my installer changed the "Go to Programming" code, tested and working like a charm.

The programming is fairly easy once you get the hang of Zones, Areas, Segments, and segment values.

Thanks TUBBYM!
Related
11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum