Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Window shutters

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are shopping around for roller shutters for our new home as part of the houses security.

Anyone have any thoughts(not too fussed about the looks of it), pros/cons of this form of security.

What kind of warranty should we be looking at whats the most vulnerable part of this product

Anyone used Roll away shutters in Victoria ? They seemed quite affordable.

Thanks in advance
Try Rollermaster shutters, I got shutters and security doors done through them
If you want your house to be secure dont get them.
They are very good at protecting the visibility of intruders once they are inside.
I've had shutters for a long time now and have always felt safer with them.

Looks wise, fine for an older house, not sure if I'd get shutters again if I built a new place though.
I have Modern (brand) roller shutters. I got them for insulation on our big west facing windows and they have been fantastic for that. The security aspect wasn't really an issue for us, but I do love that I can have the windows wide open at night for the evap cooling and have the blinds down and vented.
My only thought would be to consider electric ones with manual override connected too smoke alarms!

They keep people out, but in a fire keep you in as well! Just food for thought

I would give you suggestion to use roller shutter for your house because roller shutters are always good for security purpose and affordable also. Roller Shutters are not highly expensive and may be in range which you are expecting.
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum