Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

How Secure Can Breezeway Glass Louvre's Be?

Page 1 of 1
In order to achieve good ventilation through our reno I need to have low level glass louvers to the south of our home. Admittedly they will be behind a gate (and we have a dog) but how secure can they be.

Size of opening will not be huge. They will be between 400-500 wide and about 700mm high. Big enough to squeeze through. I intend to use laminated glass but cannot see them being too hard to remove/break.

Any ideas. I will have fly screen mesh over the openings. How strong can this be?

Cheers
If you want to leave them open when you are out you could use crimsafe flyscreens (or similar in another brand).

We have louvres throughout our new house. When they are closed they are impossible to open without breaking the glass. When they are open, however, it is very easy to remove the glass panes from the inside and only slightly more difficult from outside. Ours are all upstairs so I'm not too concerned but I wouldn't leave them open if they were downstairs without security screens or an alarm system.
Related
25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum