Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH2
Sep 24, 2009 10:52 am
I have an alarm and monitoring service with Protection1 (www.protection1.com.au) and have no issues with their service.
They do Bosch alarm systems and they were the cheapest that I got quoted on.
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH4
Oct 30, 2009 2:01 am
Check what response will be made if your alarm goes off - by the company AND the police.
Also talk to your insurance company to see if they recommend anyone - and what type of system they suggest.
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH5
Jan 15, 2010 12:38 am
Select Security WA Pty Ltd is an awesome security company. Have been using them for a couple of years and have had a few occasions where the alarms gone off and they have sent a patrol car out straight away! Awesome response time. http://www.selectsecurity.com.au
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH6
Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm
We are also looking for security system options for our new house in perth. How did your search go with security system.
We would be getting quote from protect1 this week.
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH9
Dec 26, 2010 10:28 am
maybe look at a company that offers GSM based monitoring... if the perps cut the phone line then it still works
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH11
Dec 14, 2014 11:07 am
I am a Security Tech and here is some information on Alarm systems and what you should and should not have.
*You should have a 1 year warranty on parts and labour every security company should provide you with this.
* Do not have outdoor motion sensors installed because they are not designed for the Australian heat any movement of plants ( even though these sensors are designed to only pick up Infra-red movement) will set them off, even something as silly as the sun reflecting in a puddle will set them off. There are too many false activations on these devices and are a big no no.
* Window vibration or ceiling mounted glass break detectors are usually the best form of perimeter protection as they have a massively reduced risk of false activations.
* There are 3 types of monitoring your system can provide which are self monitoring where the system will call a set list of numbers provided by you in case of an alarm, There is back to base monitoring usually around the $33 a month fee is required they will call you on any alarm and will only have police or guard response if two or more zones are triggered, and the third depending on which system you have will have the alarm panel connected to your modem and an app installed on your phone which will send you text or push notifications to notify you of an alarm the bonus is you can arm and disarm your systems from your phone.
* The systems you can trust are Honeywell, Hills, Bosch, Risco, Texecom (actually comes with a 10 year warranty on parts), DSC, Ness.
* The worst system out there is Videofied they are completely unreliable and do not work, Risco provides similar functions with less or no problems. Paradox has a good panel which is reliable but I find the motion detectors are unreliable and cheaply made.
* Big companies like Seme and ADT only care about getting the initial sale after that they do not care about supporting you smaller companies are the way to go.
* Most of all shop around some companies charge ridiculous prices in Perth while some will charge a lot less for exactly the same product. Unfortunately there are a lot of cowboys in the security industry so always research.
Hope this novel of a response helps
Re: Alarm company recommendations PERTH12
Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm
Having been broken into in both previous homes without alarm systems, (Perth is terrible for crime!) we went with SMS Security www.smssecurity.com.au for our home alarm system. They were quiet happy to come out and provide a face to face quote within a couple of days which suited our timeframe and seemed quiet knowledgeable. Price was good and they took the time to properly explain the system which was also appreciated.
Happy to recommend them.
Since getting the alarm we have had no trouble but think we might upgrade anyway in the future to a perimeter alarm system. Since they were competitive on price for the initial install and quiet pleasant through the whole process we'll probably just go straight to them again.
FionaKStone company recommendations in Melbourne please?Stone company recommendations in Melbourne please?
Hi everyone, we are getting new kitchen cabinets in a couple of weeks and know I am leaving this late but am looking for recommendations for good stone benchtop companies…
HeathFrGold Coast/Northern NSW window company recommendationsGold Coast/Northern NSW window company recommendations
Hi Steve, Give Jame from a call they not only do windows but…
Kb1705Perth WA - two storey builder recommendations?Perth WA - two storey builder recommendations?
Thanks for your response. I am not quite sure about 101 and HGWA they have had bad maintenance issues in one of the other groups . my block is a irregular shape 10m…
abhiadamsMcDonald Jones Electrical - Alarm SystemMcDonald Jones Electrical - Alarm System
Hi All, Just a quick question on the Alarm system package. Has anyone recently gone through the Electrical appointment and chosen to upgrade their standard alarm package…