Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

CCTV through builder or leave it until handover?

Page 1 of 1
We are currently building a house and have the opportunity install a security camera system through the builder. They are offering a 4 camera 5MP IVSEC system for about $2900 - we can add extra cameras or upgrade to 8MP for added cost.

NVR - https://www.autrex.com.au/ivsec-nr308xa ... o-recorder
Cameras - https://www.autrex.com.au/ivsec-nc110xa ... ity-camera

Being extremely unfamiliar with any of this I'm not sure if this is a reasonable price for this type of system or i'm better waiting and doing it post handover.

Is there a industry standard brand that everyone is using or are they all much the same?
Single story? Double story? The better the info the more we can assist
Fore2
Single story? Double story? The better the info the more we can assist

Thanks, it's for a single story build.

Easy, Id do after hand over. Cheaper as builders will add 10% - 20% margin onto the cost. If it was double I would do through the builder as harder to do after handover
I would say wait for handover, but if possible have the builders/electrician pre-run the cables in the areas you desire so you can then hire someone to install CCTV or even do yourself, my recommendation will be Dahua you can get 6 Megapixel cameras and a recorder much cheaper then that. I recommend IPC-HDW3641TMP-AS as it has starlight technology which means if there's enough ambient light at night the camera will automatically switch over to colour. It also supports SMD(Smart Motion Detection) this function has the capabilities to detect the difference between Human and Vehicles, meaning that you will get less fault alarms during Tripwire or motion detect since it will not detect animals or moving trees but instead only trigger on Humans or Vehicles but you can disable Vehicles and have it only detect Human and vise-versa.
The recorder I either recommend a NVR2108-8P-4KS2 as that recorder supports IVS functions such as Tripwire and Intrusion but it's a fan-less recorder for those who desire a bit more quite sound and a plastic housing, but you'll need to have it installed somewhere well ventilated. If not you can also get NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2 which also has the IVS function but instead has a fan and a metal case.
If you desire a cheaper camera you can also get IPC-HDW2431TMP-AS(4 Megapixels) which also has the starlight technology but only different it doesn't support the SMD function and is lesser quality image.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum