Join Login
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value

Would Automatic Garage Doors add improvement?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

Our garage doors are old school; manual tilt doors. We will be getting them painted along with the outside of the whole house in modern neutral colours, but we are wondering whether we should buy automatic doors instead. Would this add more value to our home?
I have an automatic door and wouldn't go back to manual, but that's a personal preference.

How much value that adds to a house vs the cost of updating it to automatic might be something you may wish to ask a Real Estate agent or a valuer.
Thank you. Yes I will check with the real estate
I agree, that an automatic door is a must. So much more convenient to just push a button on a remote rather than hoping in and out of the car just to put the door up or down (especially when its raining).

If I was looking for houses and had the choice between two I equally liked and one had an automatic door and the other didn't, I would take the one with the automatic door.

However, I have no idea how much value that would add.
Personally, i don't think it add any value to the property prices. But it does help to attract more buyers for sure.
I don't think it would add much to the value of the home. Probably get your money back but not thousands more.
Agree with others, it won't really effect the value of the property and it is something the next person who comes along can easily do.
Related
30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

16/02/2024
Acrylic garage doors? Anyone?

Building A New House

It's a classic case of aesthetics subjugating function where style takes precedence over practicality.

You are here
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value
Home
Pros
Forum