Join Login
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value

Ducted reverse cycle inverter air con

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Does having ducted reverse cycle inverter aircon (12k investment) add value to the house ?
only if the buyer is looking for ducted reverse cycle a/c, and then only in comparison to similar properties the buyer is looking at. if yours is for sale at the same price as another without then that might be the clincher but if yours is $20k dearer it could be enough to turn him away.
I think it depends on the price bracket of your house. In a cheaper house/No

But in a higher bracket house it's considered a necessity. Also the location (weather).

I don't think you can actually say I'll get $12K more if I put it in but it could lose you a sale or the buyer may offer less because it's not in (if they want it).
This is probably a very late post, but I'll write it anyway as it might help someone.

We purchased our house, not because of the a/c but was a definate added bonus for us. Moving to a very humid hot climate, I knew we would need it. We've had previously also so knew what they were like. I've also had evap and wall mounted reverse cycle. If its purely for resale, I wouldnt go the extra money for ducted. Put in a wall mount and if thats not good enough for the owners, let them put the extra into it. If it gets hot where you are, then definatly put in some kind of a/c - you might not make a profit on it, but you will sell faster and will probably get your money back - (prob. not with ducted though).

Also, ducted is getting very very expensive to run, so less and less will want or have it eventually.
Related
11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

You are here
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value
Home
Pros
Forum