Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Building an outdoor room

Page 1 of 1
I'm planning an outdoor unattached office. I'll be using pine stud frame walls with hardiplank cladding on the outside and gyprock on the inside with batts in between. What are some recommended ways to improve acoustic and thermal insulation?
dexx
I'm planning an outdoor unattached office. I'll be using pine stud frame walls with hardiplank cladding on the outside and gyprock on the inside with batts in between. What are some recommended ways to improve acoustic and thermal insulation?

- Acoustic plasterboard internally
- When you frame the wall put your breathable sarking on the out side then add at least 45mm battens to the wall then install the cladding. This air gap with greatly reduce the heat getting through.

These are some simple options that will make a good change.

MC
dexx

- Acoustic plasterboard internally
- When you frame the wall put your breathable sarking on the out side then add at least 45mm battens to the wall then install the cladding. This air gap with greatly reduce the heat getting through.

These are some simple options that will make a good change.

MC
Further to those above.

Consider a few vents in the roof space and also use light colours on the external facade, roof sheeting.

Related
12/05/2023
Outdoor fish tank

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for letting us know. The programmer will have a look at this later today.

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum