Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

HelixSteel - 3D concrete reinforcement

Page 1 of 1
Just ran across those guys.

www.helixsteel.com.au

Looks like a really interesting technology - adding zinc fibers to the concrete mix, it allows you to create much stronger 3D reinforced slabs and save tons of money on traditional steel-working labor.

They have used this technology for over 10 years in States already including many commercial structures.

They are also very helpful in converting your traditional engineering design into HelixSteel Alternative Design and provide you accurate cost estimates.

I am strongly considering to give them a try on my ground slab and retaining wall.
Alexp79
Here's a helix staircase with PT reinforcement
3D Analysis & Testing
I am talking about replacing conventional steel reinforcement (anywhere - slabs, walls, retaining walls) with HelixSteel zinc fibres. This approach saves time (mainly steelworkers labour) and also creates more durable structures.
Here's the irony, It would be useless alone in a Helix concrete stair case
FYI Steel fixers charge $700 per Tonne (Perth) flat slab
OT, That is a $1m Staircase in a $25m house
BTW clients can't see your Helix..... it's .buried in concrete...get it.
Related
2/05/2023
Concrete driveway: joint spacing

Paving & Concreting

Hi all I need a guidance on how far I need to space expansion joints in the concrete driveway and its type (keyway/foam.) Contraction joints are at 3m max for a 125 slab. Thanks

15/05/2023
Off Form Concrete

Building A New House

I couldn't attached the photo for some reason. Here is the link to the photo https://pin.it/79jwdMp

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum