Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

My experience buying windows in China

Page 2 of 12
Hi Kate would love to know who supplier is from china as i live in Victoria and am looking at importing windows from china as well.
My email is aebeid76@outlook.com i hope to hear from you soon, thank-you.
I am just in the process ( right now ) of finalising my window schedule with super house , in victoria as well
Hi Thankyou for replying to my msg I also am a project coordinator in warrnambool Vic we have a few projects on the go and I’m trying to resource windows from elsewhere.
Do they have a supplier in Victoria or am I best to try deal direct from China, I was currently there not long ago doing some research and found that their products are are quite good.
Any info you have that you could pass on would be very much appreciated, once again thankyou and hope to hear from you soon
does this company have any WA agents? We are currently planning a future build
KateG
I’m working in the building industry as a project manager assistant and we bought all windows for our recent project in China. I’m also an owner builder and know that saving money on windows can make a big difference in the budget. That’s why I share my experience here.

We met the window company representatives at a trade show in Sydney and visited several of their projects in Sydney before we considered working with them.

Beforehand we’ve consulted with major Australian brands and we were impressed by the Chinese knowledge about windows, glass types, wind rating, insulation values and frames. The service and response time was also remarkable compared to Australian window companies.

We started with the window list that we’ve got from the house designer (including basic rules), so the window selection process was pretty smooth. The company has different systems for residential or commercial use and the quality is competitive to Australian products in every price range.

Some facts:
The windows are compliant to AS/NZ Standard.
The range of glass is also satisfying. (single, double, low E…)
They have standard frame colors and produce custom colors as well
We were well in our schedule and I can not complain about anything. (One of the fly screenes was damaged during transport and they send us a new one.)
Shipping was organized by the window company and conducted by a Sydney based importing agent. They were very professional and I've worked with them again. No paper work, no headaches and no extra costs (Only what was communicated upfront.)

Are there any lessons I’ve learnt that improves communications / reduces errors / encourages good working relationship?

It is always important to communicate clear and precise what you want. If you want something out of the ordinary send sample photos of what you want. Ask the window company to do the same to avoid misunderstandings.

This is more a general advise that would apply to Australian companies as well: Don't mix to many window systems and glass types. This creates a possibility of error. And before you order know what windows you want (including current BASIX rules).

The windows we ordered cost half as much compared to the Australian market. Shipping costs around 2000AUD to Sydney including fees. If you import as a private person you have t pay 10% GST . When it comes to the shipping process ask the company to give you a "certificate of origin" because it safes you 5% import duty.

If you want to make the deal extra safe pay via Alibaba trade assurance. It works a bit like PayPal and they would help with complaint management in case there is something to complain. But my general experience with the Chinese company was very good and they helped where ever there is something that can be approved and was promised. We're going to order with them again.

If you want contact information PM me.

Hi,
I want to get windows from them but Are you able to get compliance certificate for these windows for surveyor?
Hi Kate,

Could you please kindly email me the details as well?

silkyfourpaws@gmail.com

Many thanks.

Jane
Hi All,

If it helps, I’ve just taken the plunge and ordered close to $40,000 AUD of windows from Superhouse, including shipping to my door and unloaded into my garage for an upcoming renovation and house extension project.

These guys are extremely helpful and fast and flexible and have been corresponding with them for about 3 months now.

I’ve ordered a mixture of Sliding, Casement, tilt turn, Stacker Sliding and Bi-folds which are all thermally broken Aluminium frames in their latest frame profile SP80.

All windows come with 6mm LowE Toughened Glass + 19mm Argon air gap + 6mm Toughened glass

And they all come with flyscreens, including casement and bifolds which come with retractable versions

Feel free to ask away
i also ordered from superhouse. i had them installed 2 weeks ago. apart from one of my bigger windows having a bubble effect on the glass... which i will be receiving a replacement glass and also payment to have it changed everything has been perfect. great windows. would recommend to anyone. vakman you will also have to pay the import tax on top of what you have paid.
Tony Angievski
i also ordered from superhouse. i had them installed 2 weeks ago. apart from one of my bigger windows having a bubble effect on the glass... which i will be receiving a replacement glass and also payment to have it changed everything has been perfect. great windows. would recommend to anyone. vakman you will also have to pay the import tax on top of what you have paid.

That’s awesome Yony, did you end up getting the Starline 80 series. Also, how big was your air gap?

Finally, it would be wonderful to see a few photos.

Thanks
Mine were 5mm with 12 air. I ordered mine back in November last year. I got stuck in council for 9 months just got to put them up now. I will take some photos on Monday and post them. Not sure what the Starline series is. I'm guessing mines the older version.

Here's one photo from a far and my corner window.

Looks like an epic project Tony.

Understand it’s early stages, but are you happy with the overall quality thus far?
vakman

Understand it’s early stages, but are you happy with the overall quality thus far?

Quality of my home or the windows
Tony Angievski
vakman

I’m sure house is coming up great. Windows specifically in this instance
vakman
Tony Angievski
vakman

I’m sure house is coming up great. Windows specifically in this instance

Windows are beautiful.
Mine are on order , should be delivered and installed within 2 months . Once done people can come and view mine down on Mornington Peninsula. Been happy with my dealings so far and have already seen the quality of the product on a big commercial project in the city .
I'm based out in Castle Hill, NSW. Likewise, once mine are installed, feel free to have a closer inspection.
Hi Kate

We are based in Perth and are OB. We have been in contact direct with YY Constructions as recommended by AWA. I agree with the comments that they are very helpful and are constantly in contact with me. We wanted a silicone double glazed window in two areas and they are able to manufacture for us. Currently delivery times to Perth are 38 days. Can you please advise your experience with the shipping from port to construction site? I have read about the GST payment and "certificate of origin" - thanks for that.
not sure about the delivery times as they are still under construction, but Tony can probably advise better.

Btw, I also ordered 10.4m of fixed Skylights for the Outdoor Alfresco area from a company called Shanghai Minye. 4 panels which are 2.6m wide x 1.2m long. Again, these are 5mm + Laminate + 5mm LowE + 12 Air Gap with Argon + 5mm Toughened. Should be ready to ship out to Superhouse in about 15 days for delivery in the same Superhouse shipping container .
kate269
Hi Kate

We are based in Perth and are OB. We have been in contact direct with YY Constructions as recommended by AWA. I agree with the comments that they are very helpful and are constantly in contact with me. We wanted a silicone double glazed window in two areas and they are able to manufacture for us. Currently delivery times to Perth are 38 days. Can you please advise your experience with the shipping from port to construction site? I have read about the GST payment and "certificate of origin" - thanks for that.

In Sydney they had a logistics company organised. Once they ship the container superhouse will send you all the customs paperwork. The logistics company will request this info to get it out of customs. You will need to pay the import duties and taxes to them. They will also charge you an unloading fee of I think it was $2500. They will deduct 500$ every hour the container sits there. If you unload it within the first hour of it arriving you get all your money back.
Tony Angievski
kate269
Hi Kate

In Sydney they had a logistics company organised. Once they ship the container superhouse will send you all the customs paperwork. The logistics company will request this info to get it out of customs. You will need to pay the import duties and taxes to them. They will also charge you an unloading fee of I think it was $2500. They will deduct 500$ every hour the container sits there. If you unload it within the first hour of it arriving you get all your money back.

Thanks...That helps!
Related
20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

31/07/2023
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hi All, I have been dealing with icare for insurance in completing our house after our original builder went bust. We have gotten to tender stage and one of the companies…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum