Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

My experience buying windows in China

Page 7 of 12
vakman
Here are some photos....

After ordering, it took about 45 days and then another 15 days on a ship and then another 3 days to clear ports and customs.

No I didn’t get anyone to check them, but they look great thus far.

Regards,
VAK

linstar81
vakman
Hi TIA,

Yes, all good. The builder mentioned these windows where some of the best he's ever come across in terms of quality

Happy to take some photos and send them through, but at this stage most are still sitting in my garage, with 6 windows installed to date in our house extension ( 3 x Casements, 3 x sliding).

Regards,
VAK

Thank you

Yes please I would love to see pics, and when they are installed as well. We might be getting sucked into that home reno grant (really it would just bring our planned renos forward by 12-18 months anyway) and I would really love to replace our current windows and doors that go into our deck with double glazed French or bifold versions. But being in QLD we need fly screens too.

How long from ordering did they take to arrive? And did you get an agent to check them before they were shipped?

Awesome, these look great.
Awesome, these look great.[/quote]

I am buying from Superhouse too. In the process of receiving them. I recommend getting them shipped using a freight company because the supplier was going to charge double the freight costs. Something to think about.
That’s interesting FreddyS,

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you use for freight and are you based in Sydney?
vakman
That’s interesting FreddyS,

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you use for freight and are you based in Sydney?

Hey Vakman. I'm pretty sure it was you who recommended TiLogistics to me. Yep based in Sydney.
KateG
I’m working in the building industry as a project manager assistant and we bought all windows for our recent project in China. I’m also an owner builder and know that saving money on windows can make a big difference in the budget. That’s why I share my experience here.

We met the window company representatives at a trade show in Sydney and visited several of their projects in Sydney before we considered working with them.

Beforehand we’ve consulted with major Australian brands and we were impressed by the Chinese knowledge about windows, glass types, wind rating, insulation values and frames. The service and response time was also remarkable compared to Australian window companies.

We started with the window list that we’ve got from the house designer (including basic rules), so the window selection process was pretty smooth. The company has different systems for residential or commercial use and the quality is competitive to Australian products in every price range.

Some facts:
The windows are compliant to AS/NZ Standard.
The range of glass is also satisfying. (single, double, low E…)
They have standard frame colors and produce custom colors as well
We were well in our schedule and I can not complain about anything. (One of the fly screenes was damaged during transport and they send us a new one.)
Shipping was organized by the window company and conducted by a Sydney based importing agent. They were very professional and I've worked with them again. No paper work, no headaches and no extra costs (Only what was communicated upfront.)

Are there any lessons I’ve learnt that improves communications / reduces errors / encourages good working relationship?

It is always important to communicate clear and precise what you want. If you want something out of the ordinary send sample photos of what you want. Ask the window company to do the same to avoid misunderstandings.

This is more a general advise that would apply to Australian companies as well: Don't mix to many window systems and glass types. This creates a possibility of error. And before you order know what windows you want (including current BASIX rules).

The windows we ordered cost half as much compared to the Australian market. Shipping costs around 2000AUD to Sydney including fees. If you import as a private person you have t pay 10% GST . When it comes to the shipping process ask the company to give you a "certificate of origin" because it safes you 5% import duty.

If you want to make the deal extra safe pay via Alibaba trade assurance. It works a bit like PayPal and they would help with complaint management in case there is something to complain. But my general experience with the Chinese company was very good and they helped where ever there is something that can be approved and was promised. We're going to order with them again.

If you want contact information PM me.

Hi Kate we are to building and looking to order windows any chance of referencing us the company name thanks. JJ
hey everyone, such a helpful thread.. been reading through it all and some things to consider. Also wondering has anyone tried to ordering other materials as well l.. say lightning or furniture even.
Just the following:
- Internal Privacy Door Handles
- Laundry Fit-out
- Bathroom Vanities
- Bathroom Medicine Cabinets
- Large Skylights
FreddyS

I am buying from Superhouse too. In the process of receiving them. I recommend getting them shipped using a freight company because the supplier was going to charge double the freight costs. Something to think about.[/quote]

Do you mind if I ask how you organised that? And does it come insured in case of damage?
linstar81
FreddyS

I am buying from Superhouse too. In the process of receiving them. I recommend getting them shipped using a freight company because the supplier was going to charge double the freight costs. Something to think about.

Do you mind if I ask how you organised that? And does it come insured in case of damage?[/quote]

I went through a freight company. I used TiLogisitics and worked with Jake. I have to organise the insurance but you can speak to Jake and he'll help you through it.
FreddyS
linstar81
FreddyS

Do you mind if I ask how you organised that? And does it come insured in case of damage?

I went through a freight company. I used TiLogisitics and worked with Jake. I have to organise the insurance but you can speak to Jake and he'll help you through it.[/quote]

Thanks.
vakman
Just the following:
- Internal Privacy Door Handles
- Laundry Fit-out
- Bathroom Vanities
- Bathroom Medicine Cabinets
- Large Skylights

Nice, thanks Vakman.

Any businesses you would recomment looking into?
kate269
Hi Kate

We are based in Perth and are OB. We have been in contact direct with YY Constructions as recommended by AWA. I agree with the comments that they are very helpful and are constantly in contact with me. We wanted a silicone double glazed window in two areas and they are able to manufacture for us. Currently delivery times to Perth are 38 days. Can you please advise your experience with the shipping from port to construction site? I have read about the GST payment and "certificate of origin" - thanks for that.

I am also in Perth. How did you organise the transport from port to site? Any issues? Would love your feedback if possible.
Nic
Olifrated
Finally got all my stacker doors in , was waiting for other work to finish .
These are wonderful and very happy with them nice and easy to use and easy to install

Hello, I just wanted to ask you what was installation like? Did u have reveals with the windows? I have timber frames and just not sure whether to get reveals or just fins
KateG
I’m working in the building industry as a project manager assistant and we bought all windows for our recent project in China. I’m also an owner builder and know that saving money on windows can make a big difference in the budget. That’s why I share my experience here.

We met the window company representatives at a trade show in Sydney and visited several of their projects in Sydney before we considered working with them.

Beforehand we’ve consulted with major Australian brands and we were impressed by the Chinese knowledge about windows, glass types, wind rating, insulation values and frames. The service and response time was also remarkable compared to Australian window companies.

We started with the window list that we’ve got from the house designer (including basic rules), so the window selection process was pretty smooth. The company has different systems for residential or commercial use and the quality is competitive to Australian products in every price range.

Some facts:
The windows are compliant to AS/NZ Standard.
The range of glass is also satisfying. (single, double, low E…)
They have standard frame colors and produce custom colors as well
We were well in our schedule and I can not complain about anything. (One of the fly screenes was damaged during transport and they send us a new one.)
Shipping was organized by the window company and conducted by a Sydney based importing agent. They were very professional and I've worked with them again. No paper work, no headaches and no extra costs (Only what was communicated upfront.)

Are there any lessons I’ve learnt that improves communications / reduces errors / encourages good working relationship?

It is always important to communicate clear and precise what you want. If you want something out of the ordinary send sample photos of what you want. Ask the window company to do the same to avoid misunderstandings.

This is more a general advise that would apply to Australian companies as well: Don't mix to many window systems and glass types. This creates a possibility of error. And before you order know what windows you want (including current BASIX rules).

The windows we ordered cost half as much compared to the Australian market. Shipping costs around 2000AUD to Sydney including fees. If you import as a private person you have t pay 10% GST . When it comes to the shipping process ask the company to give you a "certificate of origin" because it safes you 5% import duty.

If you want to make the deal extra safe pay via Alibaba trade assurance. It works a bit like PayPal and they would help with complaint management in case there is something to complain. But my general experience with the Chinese company was very good and they helped where ever there is something that can be approved and was promised. We're going to order with them again.

If you want contact information PM me.

Hello Kate, Thankyou for sharing the post, I just want to ask did you order thermal break windows? And did they all come with timber reveals? Not sure to get them or not
Did you have any luck Mel13? We're in the process of purchasing windows for our reno too. I've asked for a quote from a local manufacturer and YY Construction. I asked YY Construction to provide reveals with their quote because that's what the local manufacturer included in their quote.
Our windows are for a weatherboard home too so interested to hear what you and others have done with weatherboard builds.

We're yet to decide who to go with because the difference in cost is only $4k. However, in saying that, we're on a budget and our project is only a small scale reno and $4k will see us afford a number of other things. For those who have successfully purchased off YY Construction, keen to hear your thoughts on whether you think this is worth the 'risk'.

A separate question for window experts out there, part of our order is for a window splashback. YY Construction has quoted 5mm/12Ar/5mm double toughened glass. I am wondering if this meets AS. The window will be in front of the gas stove hob so just wanted to make sure this complied.
I don't suppose anyone would happen to have any experience with this window manufacturer from China by any chance?
Or even just with this window type?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-Deisng-Fullview-Electric-Guillotine-Vertical_1600106154377.html?spm=a2700.details.deiletai6.4.258b204af3q04u
I think yy construction seem good as well, I have seen their quality windows in a few builds and it’s good if u ask for the right finishes
CJay77
I don't suppose anyone would happen to have any experience with this window manufacturer from China by any chance?
Or even just with this window type?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-Deisng-Fullview-Electric-Guillotine-Vertical_1600106154377.html?spm=a2700.details.deiletai6.4.258b204af3q04u

No but they look really impressive😊, make sure they fully comply with Australian standards with the type of glass etc
Me too please, could I please have the details from someone.
Kermitthefrog
Me too please, could I please have the details from someone.

I used Superhouse from China and Tilogistics to help with the shipping.
Related
20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

31/07/2023
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hi All, I have been dealing with icare for insurance in completing our house after our original builder went bust. We have gotten to tender stage and one of the companies…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum