Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Pre-cast Concrete House Build Perth

Page 1 of 3
Have been meaning to jump on here for a while and see if anyone has had any experiences with pre-cast concrete builds.

Our House was initially designed as double brick then adapted to pre-cast.

Figured would jump on here and share ideas with anyone else looking to build from concrete aswell as keeping a mini project diary for rest of the project build & fitout.

Some photos attached if anyone is keen on exploring the idea - some more photos on Instagram page.
https://instagram.com/konkrethaus/

Must make for a fast build
Very interesting - why did you decide to go with pre-cast concrete?
konkretHaus what is the estimated build cost for this build ?
Write reply...
Update:
2nd Floor Slab poured yesterday - part white for the external architectural projection & part black for internal area.
Whole slab will be burnished on Monday & those trowel marks visible from overhead shot should hopefully leave a similar sort of look to the attached inspiration photo of black concrete floor attached.

Its great to see something different, Electrical would take some planning/thinking...
sparky_JsP
Its great to see something different, Electrical would take some planning/thinking...

Thanks mate! Ground Floor & First floor wont be too bad as Im using studwalls & frames.

Basement was very tricky though as I'm leaving the concrete feature walls exposed so had to prelay all the conduits/boxes for GPO/Light Switch etc inside the concrete panels. Also doing LED strip lights around perimiter of basement so had to put some polystyrene to create channels for installing them later down the track. You can see some of the prelay below.

Hardest thing by far though was prelaying the conduits for the floating concrete steps given the exposed walls so they cant be chased afterwards & each step will have LED strip underneath similar to the photo on the left just with the slightly wider landing.

Fingers crossed this comes out spot on as this is probably my favourite part of this build!

I could imagine, will look epic! I have completed a few 2/3 storey homes in my time and that's design would be hard to do with standard brick at the best of times!
Tricky to add anything later, I'm sure you have tried to cover everything first up.
I was going to say are you using polystyrene to aid in joins to equipment...
Looking forward to following!
Cheers
Wow looks amazing...Im going through a house build myself and in early stages. Curious to know if the cabinetry etc you were getting from China was Custom made to size or you were buying pre-finished? Also you mention the doors/windows were not local? Were these from China as well...curious to know who you used?
Definitely consider good ERV ventilation system for that one.

How are you planning to handle insulation, by the way?
Sorry been offline for a few days, has been a busy few days on site! Will respond to you in day or 2 alexp79 & glenh111

Progress Update 6 July 2018

Foof on, top floor locked up!

Scaffold dropped on the weekend so pretty stoked to see the full house revealed at last without any obstructions!

glenh111
Wow looks amazing...Im going through a house build myself and in early stages. Curious to know if the cabinetry etc you were getting from China was Custom made to size or you were buying pre-finished? Also you mention the doors/windows were not local? Were these from China as well...curious to know who you used?

Hey mate

All cabinetry custom made, comes in preassembled modules ready to install.
Also imported over double glazed windows, custom made vanity benchtops with recessed sinks & channel grates etc. See some photos below

I've actually got a White Gloss kitchen with 2 pack paint finish & Blum soft closing draws & push to open overhead cabinetry that I need to resell. Tiny missunderstanding with someone I helped import it & it got ordered for a client as a White Gloss finish instead of matte so I had the whole thing replaced.

White Gloss kitchen is now in storage in Subi & can be reconfigured from its original design into about 3 or more different layouts based on the needs.

Note: no benchtop included but can help organize
email me if you have any questions

For more photos & the other design options check the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmir24uzbwgy ... cCeCa?dl=0

Couple of progress photos from the last few months

Hey Sandi
Love this project...Altho concrete Cantilever stairs would have iced it
Thanks for Sharing
Cheers
StructuralBIMGuy
Hey Sandi
Thanks for Sharing
Cheers

Hold my beer StructuralBIMGuy ...! 😛🤫🤗

StructuralBIMGuy
Hey Sandi
Thanks for Sharing
Cheers

How are they looking structuralBIMGuy ?

The strip lighting looks great
It's incomplete though and the scaffolding doesn't do it justice
I hope you are putting in a glass lift?
Looking froward to the competed photos
Thanks
Related
2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum