Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Owner builder process

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I will be building completing a renovation to my character workers cottage in Ipswich, QLD. I am after some guidance on the planning and approval process and how to get started. I plan to complete the work under an owner builders license mostly using subcontractors.

I have measured the house and completed in scale drawings of the existing house and the extension to be completed, as well as a site plan positioning the house on the block. My drawings include external elevations, sections through the new extension and enough detail to be able to pass on to a builder or tradesman.

My questions are:

1) Will my plans be suitable to submit to council for approval or do I have to pass on to a draftsman to complete digitally
2) Along with my plans, what else do I need to submit - are electrical and plumbing plans required?

Thanks

T
Start here
City of ipswich Building
Building Application Checklist
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum