Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Ebay Stores

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone purchased items such as freestanding bath, basins, taps, spouts etc from Ebay stores? If so what was the quality and service like?
Chalky
Unfortunately sh0nky Traders do find their way onto Internet stores
Unless you can Touch & See the items I would be very cautious, I've had clients that have been stung several times.
On the other hand I have other Clients that order Fittings & Fixtures from China by the container load for each project.
They fly up and check the goods with their local chinese agent prior to container loading.
On average you can save about 30%.. great for high end builds
I have been using Ebay for purchasing all kinds of stuff for over a decade and have been rarely disappointed. If you are buying bathroom products you can choose Ebay seller in your town.
If you are building a high-end job you should go to a premium supplier, (example Elite Appliances in Hobart) not a consumer grade supply chain.

High end builds with products from China? It does not add up for me. If you have the money for high-end build why spoil it with cheap or less than premium imports? You can spoil your build with poor quality choices just as you can with poor workmanship.
How many homeowners need a container load or have the time or funds to fly to China?
Quality is a function of price and the essential elements are balance and consistency. There is no premium quality on a low budget, anyone telling you otherwise, they are deluded or are coning you.
Want an example in engineering? Compare Great Wall car with Mercedes Benz, your choice.
There are backyard middleman sellers everywhere...but the prices aren't that cheap
Clients can easily fill a container, with cabinets, floor coverings, Windows, Awnings, Taps,etc,etc.
There are builders/tradies in perth that offer, design, import and build
Rules
Must use prefered Design/Manufacturing formats
Delivery lead times are +3 months std items, ie taps , +6 months for cabinets
Must have space for container storage on site
Must use prefered supplied Fitters & Fixers.. No delays
..If anyone is interested in perth leave a PM..
There are price consequences for everything. Not everyone can be a builder or an importer.
Whatever you do for a living, your time is valuable and whilst the idea of saving money by DIY is appealing you need to cost your time and the cost of taking your eye off the ball at work and the cost of lost opportunities then compare it with potential savings to get a ballpark figure of the saving.Then things can go wrong, how do you return stuff?
If you are not careful it will be like "winning" $20 on a slot machine whilst forgetting you put in $100
The business of living, is competitive and unforgiving, a distraction, a loss of focus, could cost you plenty.
Do your sums, take a cold shower, sleep on it, and if then it still looks good do it.
I have bought stuff from ebay direct from the importer (shower, toilet etc) and it often turns out to be the exact same product you see in showrooms with a different label at double the price
Lol you people talk as though only high end stuff comes non Asian countries. Dont forget Taiwanese was once considered rubbish, they now have a higher standard of living than we do, and quality of their goods in considered to be above average (tools for example)

Think you'll find many good quality articles are already made in China. Dont think "China", think what factory in China.
Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum