Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Trades recommendation in ACT

Page 1 of 1
The other topic wasn't very popular and I do have a lot of questions so I hope you don't mind the new topic.

I am starting the process of owner builder. Still looking for a block and sent a few offers around already.

I have contacted a few Quantity Surveying companies to estimate the cost of building my house. I had only one quote at $2200 offer for the job so far. What did you pay?

Once I get the manual labor estimate from the quantity surveyor it would be easier to discuss with the tradie

If someone can recommend some tradesmen in ACT I would be great !

I am looking for tradies that turn up on time and do a proper job and won't leave the job hanging. I am ready to pay slightly more than builder rate for a competent tradie (without getting ripped off) and if I could get a few recommendation to get started that would be greatly appreciated and I would love to chat to someone having built recently in Canberra too !

If you loved working with someone let me know
Hi, I recently had my build costed for just over $1000. Qcost consultants at North Sydney. Good efficient service. Good luck, Bruce.

Thank you, I was actually charged more than double apparently... or maybe it is the dreaded Canberra tax
Related
24/01/2024
Mark up on material by trades as an owner builder

Building A New House

Always get multiple quotes, no matter how reasonable/cheap you think it is. I remember getting a few quotes for a pool fence, roughly around the same price, thinking the…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

6/11/2023
Project Manager Recommendation

Owner Builder Forum

If you need to pay for a project manager you would be well advised to just engage a builder who would take full responsibility for the build. As opposed to you OB where…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum