Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

How much basement will cost

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys
Want to do a owner builder and consider about do we add a basement only for cars
any guys have the experience about building the basement on their build?
how much will basic dry basement cost usually ?
I've owner built before.

The idea of building a basement, even by professionals sends shivers down my spine.

Just too many things to go wrong with IMO.

Built on a sloping block,and single story house with garage underneath at front and a massive storeroom 3 times the size of our double garage joined on to garage,depends on excavation,15000-25000, concrete 6,000_12,000,the rest had to pretty much be there even if we didn't have this space.
Hi Colin
You will need to provide more infor
Contours, Site report, sketches,etc
How high is your water table?
Dewatering during construction?
Retaining walls?
Waterproofing options?
Ground water disposal and sumps?
I suggest you get it properly Designed, Engineered, weigh up various options,
and work out preliminary costs for starters
I am looking at a cellar build under my house. Materials alone is going to cost me 12k for a 4.8 x 8.4 cellar. Thats the concrete floor and walls. Fully owner built. I am basing it off a versa block retaining wall design that the engineer likes. Note I am doing the build myself and have my own excavator. Waterproofing will be a paint on product, with coreflute protection. ag pipe along foundation bottom, another at 1200 and another at 2200. You can get a drop in precast concrete product but I think the size is 2.4 x 4.8. Could fit a hatchback in there I suppose.
You could consider a car stacker instead of a full basement they are increasing in popularity
insider
You could consider a car stacker instead of a full basement they are increasing in popularity

One extra thing to maintain and that could potentially go wrong. A friend of mine had two apartments with stackers in separate complexes and they were nothing but trouble..
Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum