Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 50 of 52
Bayview
Looks great, having the windows in the garage is a nice touch too.
You could try using a densifier/penetrating sealant, makes the surface harder and more water/oil resistant, and reduces dusting. Even if you chip or scratch the floor, because it has penetrated the pores and because it's a clear product you wouldn't see the chips. And because it isn't a coating per se, it won't wear off.

Cheers Bayview! Yep, we probably will look at what you have just said.
Should have done it when it first went down but took a while to dry and then things kept moving quickly for the house and didn’t have time to seal it.

All our windows in the garage have fly screens so with the garage roller door now installed we can now leave the garage door to the house open and my office window which also has fly screen open to let the breeze in. House has not been bad with the few hot days that we have had so far. Actually it has stayed cool.

Love that this is super neatly done.

We had to add a powerpoint beside the cooktop to use it for any electric cooker and will still be near the rangehood. I will take a video next time we cook to show how effective the rangehood is in sucking steam from the chip cooker or electric fry pan though it’s not directly under it. Our rangehood is 90, cooktop is 70.

Hombre doing the silicone for the skirting board in the garage. Our skirting is timber. He’d also seal the top with no more gaps.

We got this from Solver (here in SA) for our garage. We have it tinted in grey. We’ll see how it goes.

Hombre prepping the garage floor with hydrochloric acid . Don’t mind the missing piece of skirting. Had been painted but yet to be put on.

twylamc
Hombre prepping the garage floor with hydrochloric acid . Don’t mind the missing piece of skirting. Had been painted but yet to be put on.

Hi Twylamc, is that Hombre putting on hydrochloric or ESP? Thanks, Bruce

Hi Bruce, Happy New Year! Sorry, I dunno why I got that ESP can photo uploaded.

He’s using hydrochloric acid.

I should get a cut from Whispair.

Anyway, just really happy with the rangehood. So here is an updated video. Notice that there is the chip cooker which is not directly under the rangehood but still works. I changed the level from 3 to 2 and still works as effectively. I love it! I just think that there’s a lot of cases where no cent is spared when choosing curtains, taps, vanities, even furnitures! but rangehood is just an after thought.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pvg_ti5Rg

First coat done of the concrete and stencil seal.

Second coat
. Another coat to be applied today.

Third and looking like this is OK as final coat. We will see how it is when it dries up.

Our yellow kettle. I love it! A pop of colour in our kitchen.

twylamc
Spamming cos I ❤️ our pendant light. Even more beautiful in person.
So simple and clean. The black ties in with our black accents in the kitchen and the wood ties in with our dining set.

With the downlights on

I’ve cleared the fridge of any magnet WG

Love this pendant light! Could you please tell me the supplier where you got it from?
adalon
twylamc
Spamming cos I ❤️ our pendant light. Even more beautiful in person.
So simple and clean. The black ties in with our black accents in the kitchen and the wood ties in with our dining set.

With the downlights on

I’ve cleared the fridge of any magnet WG

Love this pendant light! Could you please tell me the supplier where you got it from?

Hi! This was from Beacon Lighting and is called Ledlux Strix II I think.

Our decking update. We opted to use the Ekodeck bunnings. Soo happy with it! I won't use it though if it is not undercover as it can get hot but with where we have it, it is perfect.

Prep stage.

Ramp frame

Note: More support added after this photo was taken on the top end of the ramp.

Painted the frame with black exterior duraguard for obvious reason but also cos we’d like just to see black in between the gaps.

Borrowed the gyprock trailer from Bunnings to transport the decking. Saved money from transport fee. It can get expensive especially if you live in the country.

Decking installation

Decking straight off master bedroom.

Cannot wait to get my hammock! I do work and
on it.

Posts are being painted cream, handrail is stained timber (same stain as our door but these timber stain a bit differently). Fascias are still to be finished and tweaked.

The ramp. Will be tweaked as well as the fascia is short. We will get another piece so that there’s no gap. My partner will also do a bit more tweaking cos we want a bit more gap in between each board.

Handrail

The ugly security door will not stay.
We will replace it with just clear ones.
Looks great twl.

Ecodeck / modwood is a really great product but yes, gets very hot like asphalt in the summer sun.
Excellent job!

SteveMc
Looks great twl.

Ecodeck / modwood is a really great product but yes, gets very hot like asphalt in the summer sun.
Excellent job!

Thanks Steve. We’re pretty stoked with it. It really is a wonderful space.

Just a few more little updates:
Installed a fireplace a while back and it’s great! The space was originally intended for OH’s fish tank but fish tank got moved. We also got ceiling fans but they are yet to be installed. We will still get ducted reverse cycle airconditioning when we can afford it. Still a lot of things to buy/do to make it homey but we are concentrating on the outside first. It’s been saving up and doing stuff, rinse repeat.

And my lovely cutlery made in France. We got used to ones with plastic handle (ie the $5 set) and didn’t want to get just flat ones. Found these and sooo happy. Makes me smile each time I open my cutlery drawer. Cannot put them in the dishwasher but that is just fine with me.

Decking posts have been painted and some of the handrails have been stained same as our front door. This is how the handrails will look like. We also got two massive pots for our front door. OH is yet to do some adjustment so the gaps are the same. But it looks nice if I must say so.

Our entry way. Have yet to get a hall table and maybe some artwork. Also maybe a nicer door mat.

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum