OB in SA

Page 24 of 52
From the bottom
Iced Violet second coat (has blue tinge) for our internal walls
Undercoat
Ceiling white (second coat) for our ceilings
Dumbledore (second coat) for our home theatre walls

Another angle

We're taking them around and into sunlight etc but pretty happy with them.

Love our wall colour ❤️ Skirting boards will be a shade or two darker.

Also a go with our home theatre wall colour

The colour choices look great... I would choose a darker colour for theatre ceiling to avoid reflection...
RegVic
The colour choices look great... I would choose a darker colour for theatre ceiling to avoid reflection...

Cheers Reg for the suggestion, makes sense. We will see if we will end up changing or just stick with it. Hombre is not fussed at the moment.

This is the square set finish (still yet to be sanded as it needs to dry) for our brick feature wall in my office. Our flusher asked us to buy some edging stuff from Bunnings.

And also, I think we or they (Hombre and Dad) will have a go at doing rendering of the whole house. We'll see.

I painted my ceilings with the same tint as the walls but half strength and painted the internal doors double strength.
Beetaloo
I painted my ceilings with the same tint as the walls but half strength and painted the internal doors double strength.

I think that's what we are doing but only for walls and internal doors/skirting. Same tint but double strength for the latter.

Just little progress photos only cos I am too excited!
It's not the order we want to paint but our sparky won't be able to come until next week sometime to cut the down light holes. So Hombre started the undercoat for the walls.

Home theatre

Garage entry

Even just an undercoat can make it seem so much more like a home

Is undercoat always white? (sorry for the noob question)
Marshall5858
Even just an undercoat can make it seem so much more like a home

It does.
Lots of painting and Hombre will do it all by himself (doesn't want my help
) but I am so happy to be at this stage.

RegVic
Is undercoat always white? (sorry for the noob question)

I think so (not sure if in case someone knows better). We went to the paint shop and only said we want x liters of undercoat and we didn't get asked if we want white or other colour. I am guessing it's because so you can put any colour you want on top.

Reg, this is what we are using. It says white. So maybe there are other colours. One thing we were told is ASU is better for bare gyprock than PSU.

Thank you Twy...
I tinted the undercoat on my build.
A light grey can help to give more depth in the top coat, however, the new paints have much better coverage than they used to have.

Wow, it's so spacious and bright. Beautiful. Great colours
❤️

Hombre is still painting our house. Will post photos when he's done. We went to beacon lighting to sort out our pendant lights and fans. Here's what we've picked:

Entry:
Venezia
We will have 3 clusters of 3 lights each cluster. They will be of different height and they come in different sizes. I picked these little babies, love them!

Kitchen Island:
As much as I was trying not to have the obligatory 3 pendants, that's what exactly we are getting. We fell in love with this pendant the first time we saw it a while back. We will have 3 of the smallest size over our island bench.

Ensuite light (middle one) which we will have on each side and one in the middle of our mirrors. I chose this light so it provides the right lighting for when you do your makeup.
Not that I do put on makeup a lot but nice to have the right lighting when you do.

Powder room light is the third from top. We will have this above the mirror.

Ceiling fan for the 3 bedrooms without the light (right)

Ceiling fan for my study/office (looks black but this is charcoal)

Hombre is now on a street corner trying to earn money to pay for all of it. No takers so far.

Nice choices, especially love the kitchen pendant, they will have the wow factor

Marshall5858
Nice choices, especially love the kitchen pendant, they will have the wow factor

Thanks Marshall. We are still a bit worried that having 3 of those kitchen island pendants will be too much as they might be a tad big. But they're the only thing that will be "too much" in the family area so hopefully it will work.

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum