Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Tondelver House - Shipping Container Build

Page 8 of 20
All of the internal supports are now in and welded top and bottom.

Now I can arrange the engineering inspection and finally get started on the back verandah and roof.

Snapped up a bargain today on eBay - I really wanted a linear shower grate floor drain but they were all around the $200 -300 mark.

Bit steep I thought just for somewhere for the water to run out.

Then I saw a company on eBay and was watching the one I really liked (Heelguard) as they had it for $105 (free postage).

Today I had another quick look and for some reason it was now advertised at $95 - so that made up my mind.

When I went to pay the page said "use this code for 10% off this item".

So I did - and I bought my devilishly delightful drain for $86!!!

Quote:
All of the internal supports are now in and welded top and bottom. Now I can arrange the engineering inspection and finally get started on the back veranda and roof.

Good news, I like the blue colour of the internal supports. Are they going to be covered up?
Looking forward to see some more progress with the roof and external cladding installed.
Looking forward to see the transformation of shipping containers into a house.
Quote:
Good news, I like the blue colour of the internal supports. Are they going to be covered up?

Yeah the blue looks good alongside the red. Unfortunately they'll all be hidden within the walls.

Quote:
Looking forward to see the transformation of shipping containers into a house.

Me too Beetaloo....me too...!!
On some builds, such as straw bales and earth mother ships, the builders leave viewing panels to show what the actual structure is (under the render/wall lining). Are you planning to do the same?
Yes - I plan to show parts of the container walls/ceiling inside - but not settled on which parts until I start on the inside.

I'm thinking of making my own main bed door from wall cut outs on rollers:

Love love love the Jetty in the damn (don't forget to show pics of the yacht)
waxinggibbous
Yes - I plan to show parts of the container walls/ceiling inside - but not settled on which parts until I start on the inside.

I'm thinking of making my own main bed door from wall cut outs on rollers:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/turnstilestex/House%20Blog%20pix/door2.jpg

Love the take on the barn door!

Very industrial !

Stewie
AKB
Love love love the Jetty in the damn (don't forget to show pics of the yacht)

Here ya go AKB - the tinny in place!!

Ha ha that's brilliant
Lol
- understated I like it
Am I crazy?

I think I really want this tool bench as my kitchen island.

Its 182cm (72") long. I could even extend the top width-wise.

The smallest drawers would be great for cutlery etc. Also they would hold 2 lots of 3 plates, saucers etc

The 4th drawer would fit bowls and glasses. The cupboards have 2 shelves (I think).

I don't intend having any services in my island and I like that I can move it. I think the industrial look will suit the style of building.

While looking for different styles I found this pic online so (naturally!!) it's been done before:

Of course the drawers would really face the inside of the kitchen and the flat stainless steel back would face the lounge/dining. I thought I could even attach a custom made coloured/patterned perspex cover over the back if the st. steel looks to severe.

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but whaddya think?
Oooh I think it would look great - go for it!!
Works for me

I love love love it
I think it looks great as well. Love it when people go for unorthodox things.
Went ahead and bought the tool cabinet.

Bit premature but I know from experience if I waited to buy it until I was ready for it, then it would be no longer available.

This was the only one that I've seen that I really liked (with the 2 cupboard doors in the middle for saucepans etc)

I also made a model of it in SketchUp so I could see it in my house model.

I made then unbox it in Bunnings to check there were no dings in the Stainless Steel!!

It's Sooooooo shiny...!!
Brilliant ps I hear you re it not being available when you are ready
That's awesome and unique! Wouldn't suit my house but it's going to look great in yours!
Loving the updates, jetty looks fantastic (my hubby has always wanted to build one)!
I really like the island bench, so handy that you can move it and completely change the whole space.
Related
16/08/2023
Container house Build - Queensland

Building A New House

Did you ask the Architect

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum