Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Acerage 1st Build Southern Highlands *moved in*

Page 21 of 26
Oh man!!! Speechless!!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
We've been busy outside fencing

Lots more posts ready to be concreted then rails, paint and mesh for the backyard

More trees and hedges planted

Inside - still been organising and working out frames and shelves for my artworks to go up!

I now have fans for all the rooms, just waiting for electrician to pop them up. Having difficulty deciding on my lighting plan/design - not sure if I should have pendants over kitchen bench and/or dining table, and the fan placement then in dining and lounge?!?
These lights off the wall over the bench seat next to my dining table could work- either one or two

This one, I could possibly have two of them sitting above two artworks or one long one?

The idea I have in my head is like a tall floor reading lamp but on the wall or roof. I'd ideally like something softer than the lights above, more white/timber/scandi I think, but the ones above could still work, they are so elegant.

ETA photo of the space - excuse the mess!

Any ideas?

Christmas tree is up also
used some cones from the property and plants to decorate

Omg you've been busy! Your block is just gorgeous! It's really coming along now! That tree is beautiful...how cool you can utilise the stuff from your own yard! Is the splash up?

deejay08
Omg you've been busy! Your block is just gorgeous! It's really coming along now! That tree is beautiful...how cool you can utilise the stuff from your own yard! Is the splash up?

Thanks so much

No splash yet sadly! Unlikely before Xmas

I agree, your block is stunning but so is your home.
I do have the same lighting dilemma. Dunno what to put over kitchen bench. We will not be putting a pendant over our dining table though as we don't think our dining table will stay put in one place. It will be moved around. All the options that you got here are beautiful though. I am keen to see which ones you will end up with and see how they look like installed.

Tile looks awesome!!

twylamc
I agree, your block is stunning but so is your home.
I do have the same lighting dilemma. Dunno what to put over kitchen bench. We will not be putting a pendant over our dining table though as we don't think our dining table will stay put in one place. It will be moved around. All the options that you got here are beautiful though. I am keen to see which ones you will end up with and see how they look like installed.

Thank you

I've found a few different pendants but think I'll wait till the fans are in and then decide.

This is the current front runner for the dining (we'd like it moveable as well, because we usually just have the table as a 2 seater, then make it bigger as needed.

Hard to know without seeing it in person, but with an earthier shade it may look less like a microphone boom

Haha on microphone boom! Hmm, maybe we can have a look at something like this for our dining table. Though in our case, might have to sit on the floor which I am not too keen on.

twylamc
Haha on microphone boom! Hmm, maybe we can have a look at something like this for our dining table. Though in our case, might have to sit on the floor which I am not too keen on.

Well the search is still on lol

*whoops double post*
Some outside updates - been busy planting hedges, fencing the house yard, hubby built a big sandpit.

Sandpit

Inside - fans are all up, downlights in and some extra power points. Still haven't decided on pendants, but no rush as I want the right ones.

Little area in our lounge for our son

Waiting on quotes for our carport, and we think we've finally settled on the plans for our pergolas and decks, so will start sourcing the material and get building soon.

Great progress there BB7 - you're in and settled and it looks great. And you're still pretty green over your way. Did you get your splashback up yet?
Still no splash backs lol I reckon hubby and I will end up putting them up ourselves, hard to get someone to come out for a small job

The septic area is green still, although we got a good amount of rain last week, dam still very low and not much pasture growth

Lounge area looks great!! Love the pooches
can't wait until our house is built so we can have some pooches too.

How hard could it be too put in a splash back?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Lounge area looks great!! Love the pooches
can't wait until our house is built so we can have some pooches too.

How hard could it be too put in a splash back?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Can't wait to see!

I've done some before renovating - I'm just frightened to stuff it up as the tiles are so expensive

Still no splashbacks, but we've just picked up the travertine for our fireplace. Fireplace and splitting wood we've chopped up for winter are the next to do's, then laundry (and kitchen splashbacks) then decks and pergola and carport

Travertine is up on the walls, just need to do the hearth now

Beautiful
Related
26/04/2024
Cost of building an acerage home (the hils, NSW)

Building A New House

having built on acres several times i suggest that you also need to add the cost of a sewerage system and any associated fencing, water tanks with associated extra…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum