Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Acerage 1st Build Southern Highlands *moved in*

Page 20 of 26
Still haven't found most of the furniture pieces I'm looking for for the loungeroom and dining. No rush though I guess

Bigblock7
Finally ordered our blinds and fans (have been waiting till they came on special)

Fans - for living, dining and main bedroom (I want them for the other bedrooms too just trying to convince hubby)

And blinds - just 63mm timber venetians. As much as I love the look of plantation shutters, there's so many things I'd prefer to spend that money on outside and furniture wise (I managed to get them for the whole house for the same price as one of the shutters). Plus I like that we can have them right up to enjoy the view.

Still not sure what to do for our sliding door out of the lounge. I'll probably just pop sheers from floor to ceiling in the meantime.

Looks fantastic! I'm with you..shutters look beautiful but way better things to spend money on! Like food lol

Those fans are quite possibly the best looking fans I've seen. One thing that turns me off getting them is they can be an eyesore. But these are gorgeous

Also is that a pic of your actual house with them installed?? Also also I'll need to know who you used for those blinds

deejay08
Bigblock7
Finally ordered our blinds and fans (have been waiting till they came on special)

Fans - for living, dining and main bedroom (I want them for the other bedrooms too just trying to convince hubby)

And blinds - just 63mm timber venetians. As much as I love the look of plantation shutters, there's so many things I'd prefer to spend that money on outside and furniture wise (I managed to get them for the whole house for the same price as one of the shutters). Plus I like that we can have them right up to enjoy the view.

Still not sure what to do for our sliding door out of the lounge. I'll probably just pop sheers from floor to ceiling in the meantime.

Looks fantastic! I'm with you..shutters look beautiful but way better things to spend money on! Like food lol

Those fans are quite possibly the best looking fans I've seen. One thing that turns me off getting them is they can be an eyesore. But these are gorgeous

So true! Although without affording food I'd at least be slim whilst looking at my shutters

Thankyou - Just ordered the fans from beacon - I've been looking for so long, wanted something low profile, soft looking and quiet. I think fans either have to blend or be a feature, and for this place without ceiling height I wanted them to blend.

deejay08
Also is that a pic of your actual house with them installed?? Also also I'll need to know who you used for those blinds

I wish! I just ordered them from spotlight
our windows are all standard sizes so was simple. A few friends have these and they are ok quality, so I've been waiting for them to go on special

maybe it's the new diet fad of 2017 the 'skinny shutter diet'
I'm thinking of just getting roller blinds from ikea for now and the panel ones for the stacking doors (can tell I like my tucker!)
Great choice for the fans...very Scandi

deejay08
maybe it's the new diet fad of 2017 the 'skinny shutter diet'
I'm thinking of just getting roller blinds from ikea for now and the panel ones for the stacking doors (can tell I like my tucker!)
Great choice for the fans...very Scandi

I should write a book and cash in on that

I like the rollers at IKEA - we had them in our old place and they were easy to maintain and looked good.
Oh where are you looking at panel blinds? They might be a solution for my sliding doors.

Bunnings at mittagong have the panel blinds!

Blinds are up
fans arrived and finally my kitchen splashback tiles are here

Ive missed so much!! I love the new fad diet, we couldn't afford shutters either
we have roller blinds and panel blinds for our stackers.

Your place looks great!! Love the blinds

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Bigblock7
Blinds are up
fans arrived and finally my kitchen splashback tiles are here

Absolutely gorgeous Hun!!! Can't wait to see the splash!

Ah I'm in love with the splashbacks! Hope our tiler can fit us in before Xmas but who knows. Hubby and I have both tiled before, but because they were so expensive I'd forever be disappointed if we stuffed them

Tiles

Omg I seriously can't deal with the beauty of your tile!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oh my god! They are gorgeous!!!

Haha me too! They are my bit of indulgence

oh wow! They are seriously cool!
Can't wait to get them up

Oh my lord!!! Stunning!!!

They totally lift everything and contrast perfectly
Im more excited by yours than I am my own!!

Related
26/04/2024
Cost of building an acerage home (the hils, NSW)

Building A New House

having built on acres several times i suggest that you also need to add the cost of a sewerage system and any associated fencing, water tanks with associated extra…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum