Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Perth NOR OB on 5 Acres - Kitchen and Pool :-)

Page 5 of 91
Yeah big reason why I chose Banksia Grove, just have to go down Flynn Dr and the sandy track that is Pinjar Rd to get to my site. Can see the rural area from the backyard from the place I am building now which makes me feel like I will have barely moved.

Haha your son has a good way of thinking. It is such a nice area to live, in the bush but only 2 mins from suburbia. When do you think your build will be complete?
Hi Wfy,

Yes it is a nice area - you feel like you are in the middle of no where but there is a bottle shop 2 mins down the road. My OH had a few minutes the other night and drove around the new section of Banksia Grove and mentioned that it now comes to practically the back of the rural section.

Re How long till our build will be complete - how long is a piece of string
We should be at lock out (although not locked out in the next couple of weeks) although then we have the grey float, white set and ceilings to do as we are doing a couple of things around the other way - Hopefully complete the extension by the end of the year - Then onto the renovation of the existing house and the build of the pool area so hopefully December 2014

It seems a long time when I think of it like that!

AKB
Hi 3monkeys

Don't know how I missed your post - yes I love where we live but have been here for 11 years and have watched Carramar grow - its nice having 5 acres but how cool is your house? The sad think about extending/renovating is that everything is a compromise.

Ps

I can't wait for the kitchen too
Scullery wall - great idea!
Thanks Missy
So our windows and French doors should arrive next week which meant DH and I spent the day cleaning out the brick cavities and cleaning the bricks . Tip for new players clean the bricks sooner rather later
Good advice, much easier to clean before it really gets set on, not sure the cavity clean was going to get any better
Yeah there was a reason the Brickie told us to get onto it .....our fault just required more elbow grease and a stronger acid solution - it'll be good to get the house to lock up to stop the Portuguese millipedes etc from invading!
My son asked me the other day where he could buy elbow grease............. Got to love an 11yr old
So true we have a 10 year old and their lateral thinking often blows me away!
Woke up this morning and every Muscle Aches - Gee Nurofen and Wine do a great job.
Hi AKB, looking forward to watching your dream come to life looks amazing already!
Thanks Speedwaychick68 you'll be watching for a while lol
I really don't know how you can sleep at night being OB! I'm finding it hard and we have a builder doing it for us. Although, I must admit, I inspect the house on a daily basis and tell the tradies when they have done something wrong. I'm sure my tiler is starting to dread seeing my car pull up now!
Hi Traceyw

I honestly think it is much less stressful than going through a builder, from what I read most of the angst is caused by builders not communicating with their clients - in my case I don't have that issue.

I'm not saying we haven't had Fu$&k ups we have lol it's that I know about it and how we are going to fix it

Ps it helps that most of the tradies we have used have been long term clients of ours so we have an existing relationship

Cheers
Nice one AKB, that's a big project in a very nice location! Will definitely follow your build!
Thanks lowerchittering
Ok I've been waiting for this for a while - the other day the Brickies came and pulled down the external wall on the old section of the house and put in the T Bar - It was very exciting. We still have another two walls to come down although this wont happen until we have finished the extension and up to the renovation of the existing house.

Where the extension joins

Looking back into the old house (this is one of the two walls left to pull down)

Looking from the old house into the extension and theatre room
It's going to be magic when finished

It's the waiting that is tough.
Thanks Bradster and your right the closer you get the harder it is!
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum