Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Perth NOR OB on 5 Acres - Kitchen and Pool :-)

Page 85 of 91
Yeah I'd go 4

4 it is then
Yeah 3 doesn't look enough
Kitchen installation has begun
not too everyone's taste I know but I'm pretty happy

Finally got around to pulling off the protective coverings off the drawers

We ended up having to put servo drives in the bin draw (the large draw on the left) and the dish draw (the top draw on the right). We've dove the same in the bin draw and dish draw in the scullery wall.

Progress made on the scullery wall

The back of the draws now that the tops have been fitted properly
So we went looking for the stone in the scullery wall bench I quite like below

What do you guys think?

Also we are struggling with the kickboards. We were thinking of making them a mirror finish so they reflect the floor and the cabinets 'appear' to be floating but DH pointed out the mop would mark the mirrors and drive us nuts. Thoughts anyone?
We just went the same gloss melamine as our doors and it looks fine
SileNceR
We just went the same gloss melamine as our doors and it looks fine

Would you believe I never thought of that? Lol how about a really dark black?
Looks amazing
so spacious too
I really like the stone, I'm sure hubby has done some beautiful kitchens in it

Kickboards - for me mirror would be a big no no, but then again I'm not a fan of highly reflective or mirrored anything, I couldn't imagine keeping them clean, but maybe the marks wouldn't be that noticeable because they won't be lit up?

He stone reminds me of DS bathroom and the laundry tile. Is your hubby a cabinet maker?

Even though you might not see the mop marks you would know they are there ........
More progress on kitchen

V Zug Induction Top, Tepanyaki Grill and Induction Wok placed in Centre island

Black Stone Benchtop (waiting to be plumbed)

My faux oven draws I only have 3 ovens (2 x combi steam and a pyro) which drove us nuts until we figured we would make 2 x draws with black glass frontages to replicate the pyros.

Hopefully tomorrow we will pop in the integrated fridge and then the cabinet maker will make the cupboard panels above the fridge and ensure the grain matches the fridge door.
With the round bottom breakfast bar stools it's hard to put protection on them to stop the floor being scratched, just an FYI. I think four looks the right balance.
We have brushed aluminium on the cupboard kicks as it matches the stainless steel in the kitchen and range hood, what ever you choose I guess try to keep some theme or colour pallet.
It's looking very impressive enjoy the ride.
AKB
He stone reminds me of DS bathroom and the laundry tile. Is your hubby a cabinet maker?

Even though you might not see the mop marks you would know they are there ........

Hubby is a stonemason, mainly kitchens and bathrooms

True that!

Bigblock7
AKB

Hubby is a stonemason, mainly kitchens and bathrooms

True that!

Lol that explains it
Brickies arrived today and started the pool (it was too dark to take a photo when I got home) they also cut out the door that will go fro the new walk in robe to the bathroom from the old master suite (let's not talk about the fact that we slept in that master suite for 13 years with no direct access to the bathroom)
bradster181
With the round bottom breakfast bar stools it's hard to put protection on them to stop the floor being scratched, just an FYI. I think four looks the right balance.
We have brushed aluminium on the cupboard kicks as it matches the stainless steel in the kitchen and range hood, what ever you choose I guess try to keep some theme or colour pallet.
It's looking very impressive enjoy the ride.

Thanks Bradster for the tip.

It's funny you should mention brushed aluminum as that is the sample kick board our cabinet maker gave us - but we don't have any matching appliances in the kitchen which is probably why I am fixated on the black (those appliances that aren't integrated are black)

Ps any photos of how your house ended up . I remember your computer room ...... what a feature are you still loving it?

Pool bricking started

Day 2 of bricking pool
How exciting! Will look amazing

Outer skin of pool completed
Related
5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum