Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Slab higher than front footpath

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I'm building in southMorang and my land is ona very slight slope, the builder who I am going with is telling me that my slab is going to be higher than the front foot path but 10cm, Is this correct? or is it he does not want to dig down? I'm so puzzeled the last thing I want si to see a slab from the front of my house once finished
You'll just have to build it up with soil. You don't want it the exact height as your footpath because then your driveway won't slope away. And it's probablybetter to have the house higher than the footpath rather than lower because if the house is lower you have to put in drains across the garage.
One side of my house is lower then the road, and one is higher than the road due to the slope of the block.
Hard to know without pics of your block, but I wouldn't be worrying.
Our block is flat and level and the top of our slab is currently around ~20cm above the footpath level. Once the landscaping and paving is complete it shouldn't be noticeable.

Depending on the directional slope of your land 10cm doesn't seem like much of a difference. As long as it isn't going to affect your driveway approach angles I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree with all of the above
I wouldnt worry about it personally, it has some good advantages
Thanks everyone my mind is at rest
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum