Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

How much is colourbond roofing?

Page 1 of 2
Just saw the 'how much did your tile roof cost' thread....and wondered about the comparisons to colourbond.

About to embark on extensions to a dwg....3 bits jutting out from original dwelling totalling about 5-6sqs.
Because so many of the existing roofing sheets will be coming off the roof to add the new roof for these extra bits...and that matching the original (yukky) colourbond beige sheets would be nigh on impossible, we are considering re roofing the lot with a dark grey colourbond instead.

About to get quotes from the builder for the actual extensions...but want to know what 'ballpark' for this extra before I ask for that as well.

So the question is, how much should we allow to cover the existing roof with new colourbond sheeting? How much per sq metre?.
The dwelling will be 22sq plus seperate 5.5sq garage roof that will have to done as well to match.

Thanks
$20,000.00
$40-$50 a sqm supply and labour
Thanks guys..
$20,000??? Whoa...I was expecting around $12,000
Remembering that the roof costs for the extension roof will be included in the extension costs....with part of the existing sheeting removed and later replaced with new instead (to accomodate the new roof additions) my query is for what is remaining that hasn't been removed ....so about 18 odd squares worth. How many square metres does that translate into?
In relation to our house which is 37 squares, you can see the pictures of the roof on the thread our o/b its a little bigger than we thought.

Cost 14500 for colrobond, fascia, gutter and two big box gutters and another 1000 just then for the down pipes and a couple of rainheads.

That also included the scaffolding for the entire house for the job.

I think you were round about on the money, get a few quotes but I can tell you from experience it should cost no where near 20000.
Thanks SOOOOOOOOO much hunts...was starting to panic there!!!
Hey Hunts,

Nice place, interesting thread..

In relation to your roof, can you please PM me who you used to supply / install. I am having some horrendous prices quoted, and yours seems more reasonable.

Thanks in advance.
Our roof cost us $14,500 for our 27sqm house. This was mates rates as a friend is a roofer. Other quotes we got were around $20,000
C&D
Our roof cost us $14,500 for our 27sqm house. This was mates rates as a friend is a roofer. Other quotes we got were around $20,000

Wow that's $537 per square metre, I wish i could charge that!!
Our house is 28sqm ... to change from tiles to colourbond cost us an extra $1,225.

Tiled roof cost $5,615 - included wind rating and sarking

Colourbond roof cost $6,840 - no sarking and we were credited $1,130 for wind rating
SQM stands for square metres. I think most people have a bigger home than 28 square metre.

Unless of course you are living in the shed while your OBing your house.
chippy
SQM stands for square metres. I think most people have a bigger home than 28 square metre.

Unless of course you are living in the shed while your OBing your house.

Bugger
It's actually 264.55m2 - so I don't know what that is in square metres. Is it the same thing
I tried googling it but half the comments I read was "YES its the same" and the other half was "Don't be stupid, it's different" (or something like that) So now I'm more confused.....BUT going off my plan it says 264.55m2.
264.55m2 = 264.55 square metres.

The confusion comes from square metres and squares
The square is an Imperial unit of area that is used in the United States construction industry, and was historically used in Australia. One square is equal to 100 square feet (approximately 9.29 square meters). Examples where the unit is used are roofing shingles, metal roofing, vinyl siding, and fibercement siding products. Some home builders use squares as a unit in floor plans to customers.
Really it's an old school imperial measurement that has no place in metric 2010.
Oooops, yes that should have been 27 squares.

Funnily enough chippy, we are living in our shed whilst owner building, and it's not that much bigger than 27 square metres lol
129sq mts costing us 4650.00 supplied and fitted
Sounds like replacing the colourbond for a different colour will come in at a 'do-able' cost then for the reno - so thanks for the help!!

Anyone have any 'monument' colourbond rooves with a red brick to show here?
Notsubtle
Sounds like replacing the colourbond for a different colour will come in at a 'do-able' cost then for the reno - so thanks for the help!!

Anyone have any 'monument' colourbond rooves with a red brick to show here?

monument is the color we are getting our roof done in thursday but no red bricks sorry
Woo hoo Bingo shelley.....mucho excitement for you!! Good luck for Thursday.
I think a confusion ****** with the reference to metric square meters (m2) and imperial squares (100 square feet)
a good rule of thumb when converting sq meters to squares is it is a little over 10%. or 9.2 m2 to a Square
confusing ? yes
Tedjos
Spam quote edited by Bam

I think the above is spam. The link refers to a roofing co in the USA.
The user joined only minutes before posting.
Mods delete?
Related
19/04/2024
Attaching roofing to brick

General Discussion

I plan on installing an undercover walkway (awning ??) from my carport to the back door as shown in sketch. I will be using Boxspan Beams and have no concerns regarding…

22/05/2023
How to brace a colourbond fence that wobbles

Outdoor Living

Yes i guess this is one of the main reason as i checked one post foundation

22/03/2024
Rendered brick wall to colourbond roof over flashing

General Discussion

Cheers. The painted render is a bit chalky to the touch. To prepare the surface for best adhesion, what would you recommend? Also, given that there must be some…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum