Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Frame just about complete!

Page 1 of 1
The framers have put the top floor walls up -

then the roof trusses were craned up to the top (unbudgetted expense of $150
), in this picture you can see the trusses ****** on top waiting to be erected.

The roof trusses went up in less than a day and the frame was pretty much finished -

Meanwhile the brickie had started the retaining walls that are going to prevent the yard falling under the house -

and I spent a happy day in the rain yesterday core filling all the blocks

Here are the finished core-filled retaining walls -

Today Miss Moneypenny and the Bond Girls came to the block and tested out some colours for the exterior rendering -

We also carefully took the Bond Girls up the ladder to the top floor to have a look round -

The Rumpus Room -

The void protection for the entrance hall void -

The master bedroom suite -

I am really hoping the rain holds off this week and we can get the final twiddly bits of the frame finished and get the roof on!!!

JB
fantastic job, going along nicely... keep the pics coming...

Annie
Looking good.

James Bond
The void protection for the entrance hall void

Is this a legal requirement (worksafe or something)? I haven't done it, and no one mentioned it other than one of the A/C guys who came to do a quote. Stairs should be installed in 2 weeks so sort of a bit late. Are they pricey to hire?
dave-
Looking good.

James Bond
The void protection for the entrance hall void

Is this a legal requirement (worksafe or something)? I haven't done it, and no one mentioned it other than one of the A/C guys who came to do a quote. Stairs should be installed in 2 weeks so sort of a bit late. Are they pricey to hire?

Yes. And it is pricey. $1000 for 3 months. They only need 48 hours notice to install.

JB
James Bond
Yes. And it is pricey. $1000 for 3 months. They only need 48 hours notice to install

Yikes! These extra costs really start to add up. I can't wait to see the end of scaffolding!
Looking great, 007, the girls will love the rumpus room - nice view.

Hope the rain stops soon. We had it for months straight, then the roof went on......and it stopped, lol. Left us with ridges on the yellow tongue to sand.
Hammerhead
Looking great, 007, the girls will love the rumpus room - nice view.

Yes, the house you see opposite is the home of one of their pre-school friends which will be nice.

Hammerhead

Hope the rain stops soon. We had it for months straight, then the roof went on......and it stopped, lol. Left us with ridges on the yellow tongue to sand.

Yes I am not looking forward to that job.

JB
Looking awesome JB, you are moving along at a really great pace, our frame is only being put up next week
Wow that's coming along really well. Looking fantastic. Bet that Rumpus room will get a work out from the mini JB girls when it's done!
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

19/05/2023
Clunking noises Steel frame

General Discussion

Hi, I have a steel frame house which was built 2 years ago. When you are down stairs you can hear clunking noises when someone is walking around. We were told if you…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum