Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Cheap temporary fencing required..anyone know of any?

Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

I am going to need some temp fencing (92m) to encolose my vacant block in the next few months. Currently doing my research but the quotes seem expensive. I am going OB so want things as lower in price as possible.

Does anyone know of any cheapish quotes and where I can locate some temp fencing OR where to buy cheap mesh/wire/pipes to make a standard fence (my dad is quite handy and can whip one up if the price is right)!!

Ideas would be great!!

PS: I need it for between 1 year and 1.5 years.

I am in Northern subs of Melbourne VIC!
try ebay lots of bargains there
also secondhand yards
not sure what state your in but theres a cheap secondhand place on the hume highway cambellfield
bingoshelley
try ebay lots of bargains there
also secondhand yards
not sure what state your in but theres a cheap secondhand place on the hume highway cambellfield

Cool!

I am in Vic and live close to Campbellfield. Where is the 2nd hand place on the Hume?
coming from kmart heading up the hume towards broady its on left hand side it has a heap of doors and windows and looks like a junk yard but inside and out back he has heaps of bargains we got a double fluoro light for our garage for $15.00 just plug into a powerpoint so pretty good
Thanks.

I'll go and check it out! See if I find anything..
Can you post on how you go with this. I have to get some quotes for 25m also (northern suburbs).
MH&LS
me,he&little she
Can you post on how you go with this. I have to get some quotes for 25m also (northern suburbs).
MH&LS

I will let you know.

The cheapest quote for 92m over 12 months is $1196 or thereabouts with Crown Fencing. *but I think i will need it for longer than that and it comes close to $1600-1700 for 18 months.

For 25 metres, you might be okay coz they charge per the metre (cheapest i found was $13 per metre over however many months you require it)..they arent cheap!!
$12.00 p/m from builder $7.00 from private hire company. They deliver it and put it up. Im after 40m also. If I make it myself what the hell will I do with it after? I mean $7.00 it not so bad and it put up & pulled down inc. insurance.

My Idea was star pickets with reo wired to it. A bit basic, may be a bit Dangerous also. It not required for me but I would like to keep a few sticky beaks out and be seen to do the right thing for OH&S.

KW.............
What company are those prices from KW?
In in counrty vic.
I looked them up in the local yellow pages. Tell them you will pay cash. Normal quote is for 6 months, pay cash get it for 9 months. Just try a few you will find one on the cheap.

KW...........
I think $7p.m. is money well spent for no hassle in your case.

Research and calls for me tomorrow. Cheers.
Im thinking the same. By the time you spend money on fule driving around with a trailer. Then you have to do the all the work. Cant see the logic behind saving $200 if it cost you 2 days work and $50.00 petrol.

The hire company will want to get it out of their yard and get some money from it.

Lets know whats you best quote.
KW...........
That is a very good price KW. I havent had a quote that cheap as yet in Metro VIC!!

I might need to scour the Yellow Pages too.

I just dont wanna pay in the 1000's for a fence that will be taken away.

.............and I just took some time out and looked through the Yellow Pages and found 18 suppliers of temp fencing who MIGHT be suitable...but who knows what quotes they will supply.

My work for the week: contact 18 temp fencing suppliers..hehehhhe!

I will let ya's know if any decent quotations are found
Yes, really for the sake of making the fence myself, forget it.
I like you dont want to shell out for nothing. Still, let know what you can get it for in Metro area.

Cheers

KW.........
King willy
Yes, really for the sake of making the fence myself, forget it.
I like you dont want to shell out for nothing. Still, let know what you can get it for in Metro area.

Cheers

KW.........

It doesnt look like the prices are good.....I rang most of the ones on my list...i called around 11 and they are so VARIED. Some quoted me over 1500 for round 12-18 mnths, some had ridiculous prices for even 6 months.

The cheapest quote I got for maximum 18 months, was $1400. For 12 months: $ 1100. This is for 92 metres. And these are metro melbourne.

Then there are some slighly used damaged ones you can buy for 1400 too, so still deciding what way to go.

If we make them or buy them second hand, im selling them after I finish using them
For fencing I used Cyclone wires held up with Star pickets.

also the bin cost me 20 bucks
borg
For fencing I used Cyclone wires held up with Star pickets.

and how much did wore and poles cost you?

I need to locate some~!
borg

I used a pallet and some chicken wire to make a ******* rubbish cage. Wasn't great but served its purpose and was easy to lift and dump into a skip.

I got my temp fence from VTF, was about $300 from memory for 6mths and about 20m? Not cheap but it was a council requirement.

My hire is almost expired so thinking of getting rid of it as soon as I'm at lockup and just using some old shadecloth/chickenwire I got laying about to seal off the front from the street.
post cost 75 for 10. I bought 20.

I used a post hammer. Made the job so easy very easy in fact.

Spaced the post 3.3 meters apart.

I got the fencing cheap through a contact however you can get them from ebay now and again. In fact i sold some myself on ebay. A roll retains for arounnd 100 per ten meters. But look around for second hand stuff.

If you buy post make sure you get 2.4 that way you can get them 600mm into the ground.
Thats pretty good.

I looked on ebay and they only had places in NSW that supplied them.

Hvnt found any cheap mesh in Melbourne yet!! Still lookin'.
Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

15/06/2023
Duplexes with Temporary Underground Services

Building A New House

Hi JW I just read your post and I find this situation quite strange. When we build, we get a temp pole for construction which becomes the permanent pole for one of the…

30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum