Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Extensions

Page 1 of 1
I want to build an extension onto the back of our brick veneer house, and i was wondering about the costs involved. I want to build an ensuite off the master bedroom and are wondering about the costs involved. can i build it myself? can i plumb it myself or do i have to use a licenced plumber to get it passed? any info would be great. thanks!
Hi. I'm not the expert in renovations as I've posted my own question, however since then, I have had some quotes and based on the squares that I was looking at, approx 7.5, I was quoted between $10K-$16K per square. However...there is still light at the end of the tunnel, as I've had someone come and just look at the plans at this stage and believes it can be done for about $5K-$7K per square as I have minimal plumbing on the flat roof and minimal electricals (afew power points and lights). I am only putting a living area and study in my extension, so I suppose it would be depending on whether you are looking at kitchen...bathroom etc. It is worth doing alot of your own work.

I've also received a paper from the Extension Factory which has quite a bit of info for owner builders. If you book a free consultation with them, they'll more than likely send it to you also. Worth getting them to come over....it's another quote. I'll let you know what price they come in at per square if you are interested.

Regards JP
Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum