Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Tilt Panel experts

Page 1 of 1
This may sound like a silly question, but using tilt panels for a multistory building, how do they lock the building walls in enough to remove the wall panel braces - which all appear to go at least 2/3 up the panel height ? I heard someone mention the roof and someone else mention the suspended flooring?

Specifically - if you have a 3 story high panel design, doesn't the brace / prop that is holding the wall up, extend through the first and second floors, which would stop you from being able to complete those suspended floors to lock the walls in and remove the braces?

Or is there some other method where temporary cross bracing or Beams / wires across the structure under say the second floor or near the roof get installed to lock it, allowing the ground floor prop / brace removal so the first floor slab can get created and lock the bottom portion of wall together?

Or do they only do the panels a couple floors at a time, so the props are below the floor level that would lock the walls into place?
Both , floor and/or roof
Related
21/08/2023
Experts, experts everywhere.

General Discussion

I totally agree with everything you have written. Thanks again for your always excellent input and advice. I really enjoy reading your posts cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum