Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Real time energy monitoring

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone suggest a real time energy monitoring solution? I need this to be instantaneous (rather than a delayed data stream) because I want to go beyond energy profiling, and look at actively managing applicances via Home Automation based on current solar production etc

I found http://www.wattwatchers.com.au/ which seems to do this. Does anyone have any experience with their product?

Also, can people comment on the accuracy of energy monitors which are clip-on? How much more accurate are they compared to say, in-line monitors?
A guy at work just installed this one www.efergy.com.au. It displays in real time on your mobile. I believe it was $300. He is monitoring his solar generation, hot water, pool pump and total energy use.
Hi trayracer

Contact us with your detail, lets have a chat on what you are trying to achieve.

Im sure we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks dolphinblu, that's who I've gone with. The system is ok, but it does seem to overestimate the usage compare to the electricity bill, which is better than the other way around.
Our house has a Saturn South ESBox, which was installed free some time ago (we qualified for something).

It does a good job of capturing fairly real-time data (think it polls every 5 seconds, and I hacked it to pipe directly into my home automation every minute)
I only needed something simple to get to grips with my energy profile, to help me determine what kind of solar I need. Did its job well enough, although there are some annoying instances where the Efergy hub would drop out and fail to log, requiring a reset before it would start logging again
Fair enough. And if it adequately measured, sounds a lot simpler to just clip one on
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

23/04/2024
How to qualify for 6-star energy rating (pre NCC 2022)

Building A New House

10 years ago was a different software than we use now. it has had a lot of changes over the past years. Improvments to the software and changes to how Nathers models need…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum