Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Getting Solar power

Page 3 of 3
I do believe in solar power but I think we're at a stage where we have to proceed thoughtfully.

marko
plenty of these companies are still to install one system, some dont even have stock yet, and some are currently scouting TAFE college's for new and green installers, as they are not qualified to do so themselves. some of these are mentioned above...

I can believe that, same as the water tank installers that have sprung up everywhere. When we were getting quotes some of them didn't even have a lot of common sense much less technical expertise.

Yak_Chat
Well said Marko.

and then there is the issue of the the quality of the panels they offer, long term reliability of their invertors etc etc.

It's the old story - you get what you pay for - most of the time.

And if it sounds to good to be true - then perhaps it is.

Steve

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02595.html
A solar hot water system would save you the same amount of energy and cost a third less.

http://forums.envirotalk.com.au/eco-choices-t8476.html
FYI

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25609493-5005961,00.html

HOUSEHOLDS wanting to lock in a generous government rebate for solar panels have just hours to do so.
Federal Environment Minister Peter Garrett announced applications for the $8000 rebate were set to close today.
The abrupt end to the scheme has taken some in the solar industry by surprise.
Households who put solar panels on their roofs will be able to apply for a new rebate which will be part of the Renewable Energy Target scheme.
But they can't do so until laws to set up the RET pass Parliament.
The laws will be introduced to Parliament next week.
The value of the new rebate will vary over time and according to where a residence is located.
Based on current prices, homes in most cities would get $7750 for an average-sized system, whereas homes in less sunny cities like Melbourne and Hobart would get $6650.
Mr Garrett said the new rebate was good news because it was available to all homes and businesses.
The old rebate is only available to households earning less than $100,000.
"Now is the time ... for the Government to provide a new kind of support to build this industry further,'' Mr Garrett said as he detailed the changes in Melbourne.
But Opposition environment spokesman Greg Hunt accused Mr Garrett of "quietly guillotining'' the old rebate, which he said the industry expected would run until June 30.
"Peter Garrett today scrapped the $8000 solar panel rebate and caused solar chaos,'' Mr Hunt said.
"Overnight the minister has cancelled the $8000 solar rebate without consultation with the industry and in breach of an express budget commitment less than four weeks ago.''
I've trying to get the time to enquire about this for my parent. They not going to be happy hearing this
fruitty
I've trying to get the time to enquire about this for my parent. They not going to be happy hearing this

Looks like they will still be able to get it, but not the full $8K.
Its fairer too. At least they aren't means testing it.
Started a thread for those wanting to get in before the current rebate ends today.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19201
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

23/04/2024
Getting a construction lawyer

Building A New House

Mofflepop, Are you building around Qld Manly? Building & Legal is a partnership between a construction guy and a construction Lawyer. Construction: we have…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum