Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Solar wind Hybrids - off grid - whats required

Page 1 of 1
Actually i know quite a lot myself, but how many Kw/h does a farm of each type and size generally use and require?

I wrote this article because i've always been into electronics, but this happens to be interesting these days with the cost of electricity.
One of the oldest problems amazing me is the issue of "hybrid off grid" , Why doesn't anyone realise that if they have a grid tied inverter , it comes with an "anti-islanding" specification , meaning it switches off when the mains grid goes down for any reason, and its law for that inverter function in Australia.

So you would put in 2 of small hybrid wind turbines of 400w rated (each controller can carry a 150w panel) up on a pole 12 meters high minimum and obtain 4 x 40ah deep cycle batteries and a 2500w "off grid" inverter (2500 to handle electric motor surge for two devices) and never have the upright fridge and freezer on the grid ever again!

More than that, why not self import the whole off grid system at just over the price of grid for ten years and have and use twice the electricity?.

The Australian House "The 15 Kw house" - Solar wind hybrid power system off grid
http://wild-canidae-conservation-forum. ... e15kw.html

So what does this come to in requirements and machinery on farms or on the edge of small towns(in suburbia wind turbines are too noisy)? particularly costs p/kw?

Is the article useful and helpful or does it need more info?

alternative link to article:
The Australian House "The 15 Kw house" - Solar wind hybrid power system off grid
http://sidewinder11sucommanderxer.podse ... e15kw.html
Related
29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum