Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Grey Water

Page 1 of 1
I see a reference to grey water. I bought an Eco-Care grey water system from www.savemygarden.com.au and have had it attached to my laundry outlet. When I wash & drain the water it has a holding tank which when it reaches a certain level the pump turns on and pumps the water through a watering system onto the shrubs in the back garden - not the vegies. The tank will not hold the water for longer than 24 hours but sends it down the drain. I am careful about what soap (liquid) I use. If clothes are not obviously dirty sometimes I just wash them without soap using rain water from my tank. I can't see that you always have to use soap to wash. Any comments about this?
first up - Welcome to the forum Flowerpower

How effective do you find washing without some form of oil moving product - ie soap.
I cant see many óf my clothes that would wash very well without some soap to help ease the grease - ie shirt collars etc etc.
Dare I describe more
Hi,

A bit hot & tired for a detailed response, but water by itself is a poor solvent. At least a small amount of detergency is required for a decent wash. You can source environmentally responsible products to use.

Ash.
Actually I find washing day to day clothes without soap and one lot of water is OK. The action of the agitator of the washing machine cleans the clothes and what a saving of water!! So much water is used to first wash the clothes, then spray rinse, then deep rinse. I do wash towels & sheets with some detergent but not always our clothes and they come out fine. Certainly this would not work if you were a mechanic but for us it works.
Related
20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum