Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Paint - any reviews of low VOC paint performance and price

Page 1 of 1
Looking at low VOC interior paints for walls and was recommended Haymes Paints Nature's Palette Low Sheen
4lts = $70, 10lts = $165
http://www.haymespaint.com.au/haymes/main.php?c=550

Also heard of:
- Wattyl Interior Design i.d low voc paint
- Dulux EnviroO2

Anyone have these or can comment on performance and price?
See thread http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32233&hilit=volvox
Search for Volvox on forums.
There're also fully eco limewash paints from Bauwerk.

Chris
The Haymes Low VOC paint (Nature's Palette) is a great product, but if it was me, I would use the Haymes Ultra Premium Interior Expression low sheen acrylic, it is also Low VOC and has better washability properties. When we move into our house we will be repainting the entire house, we get Wattyl trade quality paint (which is not very good), we will be using Haymes ultra premium paints
I will just add that the Haymes products are better than the others because of the washability of ther paint, the Wattyl ID is pretty good also, but I wouldn’t use the Dulux, I have seen all the products tested against each other for coverage and washability and Haymes outperforms (as it always has) the other products
Are you in Melbourne? The prices you have been quoted for the Haymes is a little on the expensive side, PM me (and this goes for anyone) if you want to know where to get Haymes for less than that.

4lt $65.90
10lt $142
15lt $179
I may even be able to organise a better price, but I am not making any promises
Related
12/11/2023
Performance Based Solution

Building A New House

Hi We are building in the Hunter Valley, our soil test is H1, our builder has advised us they need to have a letter signed for Fair Trading as the new drainage standard…

22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

27/01/2024
Sienna Homes - Reviews?

Building A New House

Hi starting the process of looking around for Dual Occ builders. Looking to build a home shared with family either as a duplex or front back. Has anyone done any recent…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum