Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Solar Panel Installation (Electrical)

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of having a 2kw solar system installed however the company (Solargen) i am going with does not do the complete job, they basically supply and fit the panels and invertor, I have to organise the smart meter and a level 2 certified electrician to connect it all.

After speaking to Integral Energy (my electricity supplier) they inform me that they will supply the upgraded meter free of charge but won't give the meter to me directly, only to the solar panel installer or my electrician, I can understand this and have no problem there.

Once the panels and inverter are installed I have to contact Integral Energy to have the system inspected, Once the install has been inspected and certified I can have the electrician connect it to the grid.

So my questions are -
Has anyone gone through the same process and if so is there anything that I am missing here
Can anyone reccomend a good Level 2 certified electrician (Western Sydney region) who has done the solar connections as it would help if the electrician has been through this process aswell

Thanks Darren
You'll need to contact a solar certified electrican and I hope you got the system at the right price, most reputable suppliers include all of the above as part of their installed price.
i would of thought it would be best to ask the supplier of the equiptment to recomend an electriction to you

this way you know the the electriction has working knowlage of the suppliers equiptment & any teathing problems could be sorted between the two of them

cheers
rocket
Thanks for the response guy's

Turns out that there was some miscomunication or just a lack of understanding on my behalf any it's all sorted out.

The solar company does do the complete install just not all at once.

Firstly they install the panels, inverter and smart meter, after this they then organise for my energy supplier to inspect and certify the install, once it has been signed off they then connect the system up to the grid.

So looks like all i have to do is pay for it now,

Cheers
Darren.
variflex
Thanks for the response guy's

Turns out that there was some miscomunication or just a lack of understanding on my behalf any it's all sorted out.

The solar company does do the complete install just not all at once.

Firstly they install the panels, inverter and smart meter, after this they then organise for my energy supplier to inspect and certify the install, once it has been signed off they then connect the system up to the grid.

So looks like all i have to do is pay for it now,

Cheers
Darren.

Hi Darren,
Would you mind to recommend that solar installer to me?
I'm looking for one too.

Thanks a lot!!
Hi Willcres,
I went with Solargen, they did do a good job however I have a few friends who went with AussieSolar whom I would reccomend over Solargen
Unfortunaly I do not have their contact numbers with me at the momont but you will find them both with a quick google search
Regards,
Darren
Thanks, variflex, I've found the solar company from my friend at work.
Good luck for you!
Thanks, variflex, I've found the solar company from my friend at work.
Good luck for you!
Incase someone need a solar company, you may contact KDEC Electrical. I trusted this company.
Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum