Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

Home Theater Projector Recommendations

Page 1 of 1
Hi There,

Just interested in peoples views on what type of home theater projector I should buy

Setup
- Yamaha 7.1 receiver sending HDMI signal to projector
- Used for watching movies and netflix
- Previously has an Epson TW3600 however this blew up and cannot be economically repaired
- Ceiling mount
- Room length 5.5m
- Screen is 130 inches
- Dedicated room so minimal light
- On board speakers…Useless to me.

Just wondering

1. What projector I should buy with a $2K budget (I acknowledge this is not high end but its not the rubbish end either)
2. Where is the best place to buy (taking into consideration EFY discounts/sales coming up) - I live at Camden NSW and Work at Castle Hill. Happy to travel to get something for the right quality and budget.

Thanks

Simon
Bella19
Hi There,

Just interested in peoples views on what type of home theater projector I should buy

Setup
- Yamaha 7.1 receiver sending HDMI signal to projector
- Used for watching movies and netflix
- Previously has an Epson TW3600 however this blew up and cannot be economically repaired
- Ceiling mount
- Room length 5.5m
- Screen is 130 inches
- Dedicated room so minimal light
- On board speakers…Useless to me.

Just wondering

1. What projector I should buy with a $2K budget (I acknowledge this is not high end but its not the rubbish end either)
2. Where is the best place to buy (taking into consideration EFY discounts/sales coming up) - I live at Camden NSW and Work at Castle Hill. Happy to travel to get something for the right quality and budget.

Thanks

Simon

These are really good, I have one.
They will ship to Australia.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/contro ... ku=1255549

Perfect.

Have you come across the ViewSonic 4K PX727HD

Any good?
Bella19
Perfect.

Have you come across the ViewSonic 4K PX727HD

Any good?

No experience but it doesnt do 3d so that's a no for me.

Hey Simon.
What projector did you end up going with?
Related
30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum